I posted what I think is the root cause of my issues in the 8130 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LPTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

8130 Issues

Advertisement

I posted what I think is the root cause of my issues in the 8130 Memory thread, but I wanted to start a new one in case people here are having the same problems I had and just don't know why.

It all started with my BBM. It originally wouldn't lock up on me, but would jumble up the incoming text into a pile of words that were unreadable. Then if I had anything to say more than just a few words, it would lock up. It wouldn't let me type more than what you could see in the first line of the text box.

After that it would give me an error message every time I would try to get into my BBM and I would have to do a soft reset to get it to allow me to get into the app, only to give me the same problems of garbled incoming text and not allowing me more than just a couple of words.

I finally deleted my BBm out of irritation and relied on my Google Chat app.

After finally thinking I could live without my BBM and some of the problems it had caused I started finding problems with almost every other app but Google Chat! When I would open up files, audio, video or photos it would take way longer than it should have. Taking a picture and sending it via mms or email took minutes instead of the seconds it should have. It gradually got worse and worse.

Then came the dreaded incoming call while you're on another call and instant lock up that I was plagued with on my 8830. RIMM had a cure for that via software update, but I was shocked when it happened on my brand new, had less than 30 day Pearl!

Obviously irritated I called Verizon, they checked my call history, hooked me up with a tech that was knowledgeable, and after two minutes with him, he shipped me a new one that should be here Monday.

So! With all that, here's the root of the problem as far as I'm concerned. Check your memory if you have these issues! Call Verizon and let them know! If you have the dreaded memory leak, don't think you can delete apps to get it up and running the right way! If you're given memory, I think it should be useable! RIMM is a great company with great product, but like all products some just are faulty! I own their stock and believe in them! Just call Verizon asap and get a new one! Hopefully it won't be like the old one!

Once I get the new one Monday, I'll post screen shots of the amount of memory I have on it as apposed to this one! Check this amount of awesome memory I have on a daily basis! I'm sure you'll agree this is the root cause!

www.BlackLightThemes.com
    Free Ringtones, Wallpapers and Themes
    www.BBIconStore.com
    Make your new theme Pop with new Icons

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8130 Issues

What theme and font do you have in that pic cause I can't find them on my 8130 anywhere? That looks awesome!

Please advise.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Also my memory isn't the greatest, but it's about 8-9x what you have available.

I am NOT impressed by the 8130. This is the first BB that I'm actually concerned if my battery will last me till I go to bed at night. I don't talk much on the phone, but do a lot of emails/texting. I also use JiveTalk when the battery is sufficient enough to support a few hours of it cause JiveTalk does suck it dry.

I have to charge it every night and then it will pretty much last me most days. I usually wake up and begin using it around 8am and then continue using it till around 11pm. I'm not sure how good that is, but I do know that CDMA is supposed to be better on battery conservation than GSM and my 8100 got far better battery life than my 8130 does.

Again- I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE 8130. As soon a comparable and/or better BB comes out I will be replacing it as soon as I can.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

mick4394 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    'm not sure how good that is, but I do know that CDMA is supposed to be better on battery conservation than GSM and my 8100 got far better battery life than my 8130 does.
    You've got that backwards. GSM usually kills CDMA when it comes to battery performance. CDMA is way more power hungry.

You may want to get your battery swapped out. I can go three days without having to charge mine. You may have a dud.
    Last edited by mick4394; 12-01-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: added info.

PIN/ID
    PM me

Always,

I have to say I love my 8130. I didn't think I would be able to survive suretype, but after using it for the short length of time that I have, it's treated me fair!

The batter hasn't been an issue for me. I start using my BB about 4am when the alarm goes off and I'm checking and replying to business and a little personal email. By 6am I'm getting BBM's both business and personal. I do a little surfing.. mainly google this and that, checking stocks etc and by the time I hit the sheets at night.. around 12:30, 1am I plug it in and have 1 little bar of battery life left. For the amount I use it, I'm very happy with the battery life.

Oddly enough, I don't think the battery is as efficient as the one in my old 8830, but I wonder if suretype might play a short part in that, or it could also be the crappy memory leak I've experienced. I'm sure it doesn't help doing all that thinking and searching that it seems to do when I try to send a picture or anything else for that matter.

My theme? It's one of Cherry's specials... its the Black Carbon Fiber that can be found here. Try this ..
    Correct link a few posts below this! sorry for the wrong OTA link!
    Last edited by LPTruth; 12-01-2007 at 07:01 PM.
    www.BlackLightThemes.com
    www.BBIconStore.com

Quote Originally Posted by mick4394 View Post
    You've got that backwards. GSM usually kills CDMA when it comes to battery performance. CDMA is way more power hungry.

I have already swapped out my phone once before- actually 2 days after I bought it.

Anyway I used to think how you thought regarding the CDMA vs. GSM on battery life until I read this article a short time ago. After experiencing CDMA(with the 8130 on Verizon) yet again after having a GSM provider(TMO) for some time I now am a first believer that CDMA kills the battery!!!

This is one of the sites I got my facts from. Apparently they got their facts wrong.

CLICK HERE

"...CDMA offers more efficient use of an analog transmission because it allows greater frequency reuse, as well as increasing battery life, improving the rate of dropped calls, and offering far greater security than GSM/TDMA..."

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LPTruth View Post
    Always,

I have to say I love my 8130. I didn't think I would be able to survive suretype, but after using it for the short length of time that I have, it's treated me fair!

The batter hasn't been an issue for me. I start using my BB about 4am when the alarm goes off and I'm checking and replying to business and a little personal email. By 6am I'm getting BBM's both business and personal. I do a little surfing.. mainly google this and that, checking stocks etc and by the time I hit the sheets at night.. around 12:30, 1am I plug it in and have 1 little bar of battery life left. For the amount I use it, I'm very happy with the battery life.

Oddly enough, I don't think the battery is as efficient as the one in my old 8830, but I wonder if suretype might play a short part in that, or it could also be the crappy memory leak I've experienced. I'm sure it doesn't help doing all that thinking and searching that it seems to do when I try to send a picture or anything else for that matter.

My theme? It's one of Cherry's specials... its the Black Carbon Fiber that can be found here. Try this ..
    Thanks for the theme. I don't like the color scheme or icons at all, but the font is awesome. Any way I can just get that?

Oh and the theme you posted is for the 8800 not Pearl. I'll try to track down the Pearl version if there is one unless you have it.
    Last edited by alwaysbelieve1; 12-01-2007 at 06:01 PM.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Thanks for the theme. I don't like the color scheme or icons at all, but the font is awesome. Any way I can just get that?

Oh and the theme you posted is for the 8800 not Pearl. I'll try to track down the Pearl version if there is one unless you have it.
    Oops, sorry bud!
    Here ya go!

Re: 8100/Pearl OTA Themes
    black carbon fiber

OTA Link HERE

www.BlackLightThemes.com
    www.BBIconStore.com