View Poll Results: 8130 Impressed or Not???

Voters
312. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Oh YES sireeeee!!!!

201 64.42%
  • Ummmm... not even close

18 5.77%
  • Nuetral- (It could be better, but I'm glad I got it.)

76 24.36%
  • I hate it and am not impressed one bit.

17 5.45%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Anyone having data problems on the sprint side?I keep losing my 1XEV but will have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8130 Impressed or Not?

Advertisement

Anyone having data problems on the sprint side?I keep losing my 1XEV but will have cell service.It doesn't even go to 1x or anything.

rel2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I have had mine for just under a week and I LOVE IT!!!

Bloodfire no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having 0 battery problems... I've had it for only a couple of days, but already wracked up about 500minutes in local calls alone! My phone was only recharged 3 times in the 2 days I've been using it so far, and I don't have any of the battery conservation settings... as well, while I am not chatting, I often play that brick breaking game in transit.

No battery problems for me, but the themes for the 8100 are not compatible with the 8130, it seems... Oh well, eventually themes will be made and found :P

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    No battery problems for me, but the themes for the 8100 are not compatible with the 8130, it seems... Oh well, eventually themes will be made and found :P
    Did you install the device specific files? For example, for Verizon, I had to download and install the Device OS files from vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry. I've been able to put most things on with that installed on my desktop. Worth a try.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

I haven't had problems with 8100 themes, as long as I download them OTA instead of trying to install them via the desktop app.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm having 0 battery problems... I've had it for only a couple of days, but already wracked up about 500minutes in local calls alone! My phone was only recharged 3 times in the 2 days I've been using it so far, and I don't have any of the battery conservation settings... as well, while I am not chatting, I often play that brick breaking game in transit.

umm if you've recharged 3x in the 2 days you've had it then you DON'T have "0" battery problems. you've got a lot of problems. lol
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    umm if you've recharged 3x in the 2 days you've had it then you DON'T have "0" battery problems. you've got a lot of problems. lol
    that isn't a problem
    • Initial Charge
    • 500 minutes of phone calls
    • Brickbreaker during downtime
    • No power saving setting
    • Crackberry tinkering (constantly being played with)
    so i'd say that is pretty good. that is what it is like the first few days of new ownership. i found the battery does improve after a few recharges. Now I carry two batteries for when I am out of town and dont have to recharge all but once a week.
    Last edited by guyheavensent; 12-28-2007 at 11:34 AM.

F34R no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am very impressed with the quality of my new Pearl. I do hope that Alltel gets the MMS working soon. That isn't enough to ruin the phone for me, but I do miss that ability.

abarrera no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I wonder if this powering off and charging til the green light comes on will work bc I would love better battery while I'm waiting for the curve to come to sprint!

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

It doesn't. Don't bother.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Co-worker has one. Messed with it and seems cheap compared to my 8830. I could never go to it after having my 8830. To me it would be down grading! That's just my opinion.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, I had a another chance to play with the 8130 for about 5 days. And I am like'n it now. Took awhile to get used to it. Not having full keyboard was a pain at first. But its a nice little phone. I found out that I will be getting one from work sometime this week. I will still use my 8830 as well though. So I just wanted to retract my previous statement. Hope everyone PinStack is having a great day!

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post

LMAO oh that was good!

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

The spontaneous memory disappearance is a bit annoying, but other than that I really love mine.

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I do hope that Alltel gets the MMS working soon. That isn't enough to ruin the phone for me, but I do miss that ability.
    I agree. You wouldn't think it would be THAT hard. *sigh*

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1

Have had my 8130 a couple of months now and I LOVE it. It's my first smartphone and first BlackBerry, so I can't offer a comparison with the competition. I especially like it's size and weight (larger smartphones with full QWERTY keyboards just look so dorky to me when people use them to talk). The smaller keyboard with SureType (as well as MultiTap, if you want) works beautifully for me. And I say that as someone who has been a blazingly fast typist on a conventional keyboard for around 35 years. The sound quality is the best I've ever heard on a cell phone, in fact, it's the first cell phone I've used that I have no complaints about with the sound. I'd go on, but I've been writing a blog about my phone. As a new member of PinStack, I'm apparently not allowed to post links, but my blog can be found at blackberry8130_DOT_wordpress_DOT_com. I'd love you to visit and leave me a comment. Kelly Carter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast