View Poll Results: 8130 Impressed or Not???

Voters
312. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Oh YES sireeeee!!!!

201 64.42%
  • Ummmm... not even close

18 5.77%
  • Nuetral- (It could be better, but I'm glad I got it.)

76 24.36%
  • I hate it and am not impressed one bit.

17 5.45%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 Just wait. You only have had it for a couple days. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

michigan mobile no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304B7BD4

Re: 8130 Impressed or Not?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Just wait. You only have had it for a couple days.

Wait on the battery...
    This is my second 8130 only because my fist one went back for a voyager and that was a big mistake! that phone sucked! But as for the 8130 my battery is good! and I always charge once a night anyways but on a 12 hour work day i will still have at least 2 bars of battery left. I had the the 8100 from tmo and love it, as with the 8130 I am very happy with it. I work in the plant and i get a very good evdo sig but somtimes i do notice if its out of range or searching,my batt will get used more. I only wish the 8130 could get some of the media fetures thats sprints verson got.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Quote Originally Posted by jangy View Post
    I've currently got the 8100 and I really like it, save a few small software items I'm hoping will come about in an OS upgrade sometime (eg. birthday field in Contacts w/reminder, less clunky media player, password sync, etc)...but I guess I won't hold my breath for these. What I didn't see in this thread is a consolidated list of improvements in the 8130 over the 8100. So far, what I can tell is:

- 2.0 megapix camera
    - gps
    - video capture
    - button quality?

...do you mean the media player buttons, or the physical buttons? The size and layout of the 8100 is nice, but I find the materials and assembly to be on the cheap side. Dust has developed on the lcd screen under the front cover of my 8100, which indicates that there is no seal around the screen (a real nuisance now). These are a couple of issues I've had with the 8100 that I'm hoping have improved in the 8130. I'm more a productivity-oriented type, so themes, app look-and-feel and other "flashy" features aren't of big importance to me.
    The buttons that actually are around the 'pearl' and the send and end keys are enlarged. Making them much easier to push, and are actually much nicer to look at. They also have more rubbery feel to them so then are easy to identify even though so close together.

jonothelost no está en línea Stack level 1

Well, I'm new to the Blackberry world.....and the 8130 is my first. So far it has been excellent, but I haven't even had it a week, so I'll let you know if that changes (I don't think it will though :P)

I've played around with the themes a bit and have had no problems yet. I did just download them OTA, and it was so easy.

So far this is an awesome device I would recommend to anyone.

bgro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317E98AB

In the past year or two I've used a Treo 750, TMobile Dash, Tmobile SDA, Tmobile MDA, Pearl 8100 and Blackberry 7130 and I must say that my Sprint 8130 is BY FAR the best smartphone I've ever used. The functionality of the device along with the size makes this my favorite device and the features that I get with the Sprint service (great reception with every carrier in my area) make me think that I won't be switching for a long long time. I can honestly say that RIM has won me over and I can't see myself returning to the Windows platform. I'm planning on researching the Curve if it comes to Sprint but I'm not sure if I could ever lose the form factor of the Pearl. I LOVE IT!

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

So is this new 8130 only available on verizon & sprint?

What about ATT are we SOL?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Anyone know?

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

The 8130 is a CDMA device and will only work with the networks that Verizon and Sprint use. It will not work on GSM networks like AT&T, T-Mobile, all of Europe, etc. use. I don't know if RIM is going to make a similar deivce with a GSM radio or not (but will be a different model number if RIM follows past naming conventions).
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

shadrack2002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248906D0

I only like the built in gps. The 8100 don't have one.

hopegeyer no está en línea Stack level 1

I love my 8130

MrKorney no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by hopegeyer View Post
    I love my 8130

Agreed

moniz123 no está en línea Stack level 2

oh for more battery power.. turn off your BB. once its off, connect it to a power supply. wait till the LED is solid green. it will last LOADS longer

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by moniz123 View Post
    oh for more battery power.. turn off your BB. once its off, connect it to a power supply. wait till the LED is solid green. it will last LOADS longer
    Why is that exactly?

and I thought this was proven untrue...
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by moniz123 View Post
    Also how often should I do that? ...every time I need to charge it? ...only the initial one time and then it's good to go for extra and longer holding power?

Please advise.

Thanks you very, very much.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

armus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31833E7E
    I'm sitting in a pub using my 8130's "mouse" and having a ball surfing the net. This is as much of an upgrade over my 8100 as the 8100 was over my old flip phone. I love it! Can't wait to do some customizing.

beejreit no está en línea Stack level 2

This is my first BB. I was previously using a palm treo 700wx. Very pleased with the switch. After getting used to the text input and navigating I'm having a blast. This phone is tiny compared to the treo. And it does pretty much everything and then some. The GPS plan from sprint is awesome and I find my self using it just for fun.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast