View Poll Results: 8130 Impressed or Not???

Voters
312. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Oh YES sireeeee!!!!

201 64.42%
  • Ummmm... not even close

18 5.77%
  • Nuetral- (It could be better, but I'm glad I got it.)

76 24.36%
  • I hate it and am not impressed one bit.

17 5.45%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

cherri how did u get use to the bacllight being so low i tried and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8130 Impressed or Not?

Advertisement

cherri how did u get use to the bacllight being so low i tried and ended up putting it back higher lol tyvm

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

It's an EVDO Pearl. What else is there to say?

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Well to start with I have admit that I did decide to keep the 8130 even with the lack of multi page texting.

In my opinion its not a blow you away kind of phone. But coming off the 8830 for Verizon I was still very impressed with what they have improved from the 4.2 OS to the 4.3 OS.

Getting back into the Pearls size was the first bit of happiness for me. The 8830 is heavy in comparison! Having had an 8100 before however there was absolutely no hangups with the keyboard.

Again coming from the 8830 there was no surprises when it comes to the media section. The nice part was of course the camera since it now enables me to have mms (so much more convenient!).

The build of the phone a lot more solid than the 8100 along with dramatically improved buttons.

The browser which was slightly improved with a new pointer for accuracy I imagine and the ability to avoid select mode. The pointer was actually an area of frustration for me because on some pages that have text boxes it wouldn't function just right. But once I learned how to turn it off when needed I was once again able to type my lengthy opinions.

Some other improvements are in the volume and calendar functionality.

I think I could go on forever about how nice I think this phone is but I won't! This phone is just fantastic that's what I mean to say!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Oh stop it. We know what it is.

Now to master it is the mission.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Question Re: 8130 Impressed or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Well to start with I have admit that I did decide to keep the 8130 even with the lack of multi page texting.

The pointer was actually an area of frustration for me because on some pages that have text boxes it wouldn't function just right. But once I learned how to turn it off when needed I was once again able to type my lengthy opinions.

can you please explain what you mean - multi-page texting???

and what were you able to turn off? select mode?

what do you mean the pointer wouldn't work right? you would click on a text box and nothing would happen?

thnx in advance

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    can you please explain what you mean - multi-page texting???

and what were you able to turn off? select mode?

what do you mean the pointer wouldn't work right? you would click on a text box and nothing would happen?

thnx in advance

Multi page texting is when you are in a new text message or replying to one and you go beyond 160 characters. Its a feature that would just automatically start another page with another 160 characters. But instead it just stops at 160 and then you have to send that message, then start a completely new one if you have more to say.

Multi page texting is when you are in a new text message or replying to one and you go beyond 160 characters. Its a feature that would just automatically start another page with another 160 characters. But instead it just stops at 160 and then you have to send that message, then start a completely new one if you have more to say.
    Right! That is one grife we all have with these 8130 phones. Any way to make it multipage? I had this on my 8100.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Oh stop it. We know what it is.

Now to master it is the mission.

Master what now?! The keyboard or the calendar? I think I could compete speed wise on the texting but I just don't get the calendar or something haha.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Right! That is one grife we all have with these 8130 phones. Any way to make it multipage? I had this on my 8100.

Not that I know of. I'm pretty sure it's a GSM BlackBerry trait only.
    Last edited by reddog187; 12-03-2007 at 09:11 PM. Reason: dbl post

Master what now?! The keyboard or the calendar? I think I could compete speed wise on the texting but I just don't get the calendar or something haha.
    Master the phone and it's overall cumbersomes.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Co-worker has one. Messed with it and seems cheap compared to my 8830. I could never go to it after having my 8830. To me it would be down grading! That's just my opinion.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Pearl is my first phone and im rly crazy about size. I have the 8830 for a day (my friend gave it to me) That thing Is HUGE plx lol. Plus the new pearl has wi-fi and gps (i think?) like 8830 does, and other things.

@Topic
    I don't like the new 8130, i saw the back cover of it and the design is ugly as hell (Plus who needs video? Camera is enough i think)

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    Pearl is my first phone and im rly crazy about size. I have the 8830 for a day (my friend gave it to me) That thing Is HUGE plx lol. Plus the new pearl has wi-fi and gps (i think?) like 8830 does, and other things.

@Topic
    I don't like the new 8130, i saw the back cover of it and the design is ugly as hell (Plus who needs video? Camera is enough i think)
    What are you talking about? First you like the pearl and now you don't. I don't get it.

Anyway- the new Pearl does not have both wifi and gps.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

bugmenot no está en línea Stack level 2

The only thing I don't like about the 8130 is that the ringtone volume is so low! I thought it would be louder since it has 2 speakers but even on max volume it rings quite low. It plays music quite loudly though. To correct the low ringtone problem I used a free program called Audacity to amplify my ringtones as well as my alerts and now my 8310 rings quite loudly. Initially I wasn't too thrilled with the battery life but since I've passed the novelty phase I'm now getting 2 days out of it where before if I got a day I was lucky.
    Last edited by bugmenot; 12-04-2007 at 06:26 AM.

agreed

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

ByteTheApple no está en línea Stack level 2
    Love the option of using "regular" headphones. The ability to record video is a welcome addition. GPS is a nice touch. The lack of Wi-Fi on this device is not to critical for me since they run on 3G CDMA networks. I will say this however, Verizon's is the prettier of the two, however they hobble GPS. Sprint on the otherhand....purple?! C'mon....what were they thinking? Its supposed to be a BlackBerry not a GrapeBerry!

Quote Originally Posted by ByteTheApple View Post
    Love the option of using "regular" headphones. The ability to record video is a welcome addition. GPS is a nice touch. The lack of Wi-Fi on this device is not to critical for me since they run on 3G CDMA networks. I will say this however, Verizon's is the prettier of the two, however they hobble GPS. Sprint on the otherhand....purple?! C'mon....what were they thinking? Its supposed to be a BlackBerry not a GrapeBerry!
    Sprint's is Black. I saw it yesterday.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast