View Poll Results: 8130 Impressed or Not???

Voters
312. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Oh YES sireeeee!!!!

201 64.42%
  • Ummmm... not even close

18 5.77%
  • Nuetral- (It could be better, but I'm glad I got it.)

76 24.36%
  • I hate it and am not impressed one bit.

17 5.45%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

I am NOT impressed by the 8130. This is the first BB that I'm actually ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Arrow 8130 Impressed or Not?

Advertisement

I am NOT impressed by the 8130. This is the first BB that I'm actually concerned if my battery will last me till I go to bed at night. I don't talk much on the phone, but do a lot of emails/texting. I also use JiveTalk when the battery is sufficient enough to support a few hours of it cause JiveTalk does suck it dry.

I have to charge it every night and then it will pretty much last me most days. I usually wake up and begin using it around 8am and then continue using it till around 11pm. I'm not sure how good that is, but I do know that CDMA is supposed to be better on battery conservation than GSM and my 8100 got far better battery life than my 8130 does.

Again- I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE 8130. As soon a comparable and/or better BB comes out I will be replacing it as soon as I can.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Re: 8130 Impressed or Not?

There is much they can do to increase battery life. Like turn off the keypad and pearl lighting.

And you have your facts wrong, GSM has better battery life than CDMA.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually I do have all the battery conservation settings inputted.

Also I always used to agree with you on the GSM vs CDMA and then I read on wikipedia and some other website staying otherwise.

With the use of this phone I definitely now disagree with whoever said that.

Quote Originally Posted by guyheavensent View Post
    And you have your facts wrong, GSM has better battery life than CDMA.
    This is one of the sites I got my facts from. Apparently they got their facts wrong.

CLICK HERE

"...CDMA offers more efficient use of an analog transmission because it allows greater frequency reuse, as well as increasing battery life, improving the rate of dropped calls, and offering far greater security than GSM/TDMA..."

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

tj2311111 Guest

Dont have a 8130. I have a T mobile 8100 and I just wanna say your getting better battery life than me. If I start at 8:00 AM my phone wont last til 8:00PM, but I use it quite heavily and Jivetalk is always running. So their might be truth to your research of GSM vs CDMA.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

I played around with the new pearl the other day... I like the way it looks, but it's not too impressive... it's just like the 8100 to me. Not much of an improvement. I'll stick with my curve.
    /~*brooke

dclopez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I just picked up the 8130 a couple of days ago. I can see the difference between the 8100 and the 8130. I love the 2.0 cam and the video. Also the batt life is better than the 8100. I tried the touch and hated it. I came from the iphone. I will be keeping this phone.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just wait. You only have had it for a couple days.

Wait on the battery...

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

LPTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I'm totally for the 8130.. coming from an 8830 I love it. Size, weight, video, photo's... I haven't found to many reasons to dislike it. My battery life has been exceptional for the amount that I use it! Mine seems to be on the go from 4am when the alarm wakes me up until 1230...1am when I plug it back in. Yes, I rarely sleep more than 3 or 4 hours.

Besides the horrendous memory leak I've experienced I love it! Wouldn't go back to the 8830 if I got it for free! In fact, I just sold it for 275bones! My new.. hopefully non leaking memory 8130 should be here Monday!
    www.BlackLightThemes.com
    Free Ringtones, Wallpapers and Themes
    www.BBIconStore.com
    Make your new theme Pop with new Icons

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

this thread is awesome
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tery_life.html

i thought i would NOT be able to stand my backlight below 50%, but once again, hayden proved me wrong

i don't know much about the battery technical mumbo jumbo, but would the seidio ext battery work on this version of the pearl? --just askin--

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

I am waiting for the extended battery. But all in all, battery life is good all day. Constant emails, pin messaging, and few phone calls. I probably get 14-16 hours use typically.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I've been using an 8130 for the last few days and i have not noticed any difference with the battery life compared to my 8100. I like the 8130 but it's not a Pearl I killer. The newer O.S is nice, time will tell?

switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E3227

I came over from a TMO 8100 and I have to say the 8130 is hands down a better device. I like the slightly redesigned keys and the 2.0 camera is a nice improvement.
    As far as battery life, I've had the exact same experience between phones. I don't run Jivetalk but I feel like I'm constantly emailing or texting. My phone is on from 6am to 12am everyday and I've only had to charge it every other day.
    Sorry to hear you're having battery trouble. That seems to be an issue for a lot of people. Guess I'll have to redefine what heavy usage is.

I am eagerly anticipating the Curve though ...

itjunkie no está en línea Stack level 2

The battery 8130 is very good compared to other Blackberries I have had. Mine never gets turned off as it is work issued and used as a paging device also. I through it on the charger every other day or so. I have been listening to MP3's on it now for about 3+ hours and the battery is still at 85% that with the constant e-mails and pages (SMS and MMS texts) I think is pretty good.

Bob

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Co-worker has one. Messed with it and seems cheap compared to my 8830. I could never go to it after having my 8830. To me it would be down grading! That's just my opinion.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast