Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I tried to install nav4all for the voice directions but it would not work with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

silveronetrx no está en línea Stack level 1

8130 GPS problem

Advertisement

I tried to install nav4all for the voice directions but it would not work with the internal GPS. After I removed it my GPS wouldn't even work with BB maps any more. I have since tried wiping the unit and it still won't work. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: 8130 GPS problem

try reloading the OS

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if it matters where I get the OS from? I am in Canada and my cell phone provider is Telus.

Thanks

OK... I have since used JL commander to wipe the hand held completely and then installed the latest Telus OS onto the device and still no luck with the GPS. It just hangs there saying searching for satellites. Before I installed Nav4All it was working perfectly with BB maps and google maps. I can't think of anything else to try. It is like there is no Driver for the internal GPS or something.

Please help me!

Kewjoe no está en línea Stack level 1

are you in your house when you're trying? I find i don't get a GPS signal in the house. If I'm outside, i sometimes get it, sometimes don't. It's a bit frustrating.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yeah, remember to get a good signal you need to be outside with a clear view of the sky.

Thanks for the quick responses. I always test from my balcony which is on the top floor of my apartment so there is a good line of sight for the satellites. Is there no utility to test if the gps device is turned on, or trying to acquire info from the satellites?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I don't know of any apps that are compatible with the 4.3 OS since the software apps have to update the code for the new OS.

you can try here : http://gpsed.com/map

Thanks again red for the suggestion. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I would be willing to downgrade my blackberry temporarily to see if that made any difference. Is that possible? Also my sister has the exact same phone with the same provider. We got them on the same day. Her GPS works no problem. Is it possible to clone hers onto mine?

Thanks

Still not having any luck! Does anyone know if the GPS uses a service book? And if it does how can I see if mine is messed up or missing?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ERShotty no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3057b8bc

I was having the same problem with my Pearl and whatnot with Blackberry Maps and google maps. I seem to have rectified the problem. I reinstalled my OS and did a memory wipe etc etc. Then I tried intstalling GPSed, which is available for the pearl 8130 and OS 4.3, and diagnosed that it wasn't a problem with the internal GPS unit, as I was able to obtain my location. I have my GPS back up and running when I have GPSED and Blackberry maps running at the same time.

I was wondering though, if anyone knew how to configure blackberry maps or perhaps the GPS modules/unit/service book so that I can do this without having to use this process? it's kind of tedious and it's probably eating away at memory. Is there a service book that I'm missing? It sucks that there's no "Refresh GPS" or other option in the Advanced Options screen.
    Last edited by ERShotty; 01-14-2008 at 03:22 AM.

Hey ERShotty that is the exact same problem I am having right now! My blackberry maps works fine with gpsed running but won't work without it.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3057b8bc

I spoke too soon... Now GPSed isn't even catching a signal. But for some weird reason it's still saying that my GPS State is available? AHHHHH!!!!!

Thing is, at least for me, I was having GPS trouble before I installed any 3rd party app. I literally had to keep doing a reset any time I wanted to run blackberry maps properly. I'm starting to think it just may be a series of defective hardware?

Anyhow, it looks like I'm getting a handset swap.

Update: Got GPSed running again. I'm thinking that this serves as a "Refresh GPS" option, seeing as how the 8130 doesn't offer that option on the GPS options/menu screen.
    Last edited by ERShotty; 01-15-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Update
    Ernest Rosales
    Email: erosales@telus.blackberry.net
    Windows Live: kweenzalum03@hotmail.com

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

It sucks that there's no "Refresh GPS" or other option in the Advanced Options screen.
    This may not work for you - but on my Curve 8310, if I go Options->Advanced Options->GPS, then hit the menu button, there is a "Refresh GPS" option.

PIN/ID
    3057b8bc

Nope... already tried that.

I only get 4 options when I hit the menu button on the screen:

Change Option
    Save
    Close
    Switch Application

I know that several people have posted this "glitch" on here as well.
    Ernest Rosales
    Email: erosales@telus.blackberry.net
    Windows Live: kweenzalum03@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast