so ATT carries the older version while Tmobile and such have the 8130.. is there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nickt916 no está en línea Stack level 1

8130 ever on ATT?

Advertisement

so ATT carries the older version while Tmobile and such have the 8130.. is there a reason for this and will att carry the 8130 so i can upgrade? and if i was to get a 8130 unlocked would i have problems using it with ATT? because i think i read somewhere that there are some features that will not work or would have problems with ATT?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8130 ever on ATT?

the 8130 is a CDMA phone, and att is a GSM network...they aren't compatible.

i would hang loose and see if maybe ATT will release an 8120 version...who knows

nickt916 no está en línea Stack level 1

so the 8130 is completely out of the question to be a ATT phone ever?! like they cannon tweak it to make it work with the GSM network? i did read up on a possible blackberry pearl 2 ... http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/rumor/unc...ils-269867.php im trying to find anything about a realease date or if its GSM compatable. anyone have any more info on this , please share.

Also whats the difference between GSM and CDMA?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by nickt916 View Post
    so the 8130 is completely out of the question to be a ATT phone ever?! like they cannon tweak it to make it work with the GSM network? i did read up on a possible blackberry pearl 2 ... http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/rumor/unc...ils-269867.php im trying to find anything about a realease date or if its GSM compatable. anyone have any more info on this , please share.

sim cards and no sim cards
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by nickt916 View Post

It's not completely out of the question for AT&T or TMO, they brought out the 7130 in both protocols, but they were different. You can't tweak a device to change from CDMA to GSM or the other way round. It takes different hardware for now. You will probably see a Pearl 2, 8120 or 8110 for the GSM devices, but I really think we have seen the last of the same numbers used for CDMA and GSM devices.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles