no, it's not what you think... this one is weird. I have an 8130 that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

viguera no está en línea Stack level 2

8130 ENTERING password problem...

Advertisement

no, it's not what you think... this one is weird.

I have an 8130 that I wiped clean, but has a password set by policy. Now the device boots and I have the standard screen at startup, but when I try to type in the password the keyboard doesn't work.

I can see the alt/shift/num indicators on the top right when I hit the keys, but the "enter password" prompt is blank no matter what I press.

I've tried wiping/reloading with javaloader/apploader/etc. and it always does the same thing.

I doubt that the keyboard just gave out all of the sudden... and AFAIK there's no module problem that would disable the keyboard when I wiped/upgrade the firmware...

Any suggestions?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8130 ENTERING password problem...

is this the device password or the sim card PIN?

If its the device password, can you retry 10 times and make it wipe the phone again? ;p

Don't do that if its the sim pin, heh.

Either way, seems like something went wrong with the firmware upgrade, I would suggest trying to do it again (if you removed any modules, try moving them back) and install a plain normal setup.
    If it fails, maybe look for a newer / older version OS version.

Atleast thats what I would have done.

Hope it sorts out for you m8.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    is this the device password or the sim card PIN?

If its the device password, can you retry 10 times and make it wipe the phone again? ;p

Don't do that if its the sim pin, heh.

Either way, seems like something went wrong with the firmware upgrade, I would suggest trying to do it again (if you removed any modules, try moving them back) and install a plain normal setup.
    If it fails, maybe look for a newer / older version OS version.

Atleast thats what I would have done.

Hope it sorts out for you m8.

Cheers!
    It's an 8130, so there's no SIM...

And thanks... I've tried all sorts of wipe/nuke combinations with no luck. It's almost like the keys are disabled, while the function keys themselves are still enabled.

And there's no newer/different OS for this particular device that I can see... the 8130 comes with 4.3.0.60, although I can probably try to finnagle .99 in there and see if it helps.

I've wiped it down to the bare metal, where it reads a 507, then reinstalled only the basic core stuff, but it still does it.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

I didn't even know 8130 didn't use a sim, US people really try to make a difference.. hehe Thanks ;p.

So reflashing firmware don't work.. keyboard don't work.. you kinda limited here arent you? ;(

Pull the battery for 5min, connect it and see if its better..

btw... no joy here and nothing helps.

if this ever happens to you, start crying.