Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay folks, I got my Sprint-Berry Pearl 8130 tethered to my MacBook via Bluetooth. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JoeSPAR10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317D68FE

Question 8130 as USB modem under OS X

Advertisement

Okay folks, I got my Sprint-Berry Pearl 8130 tethered to my MacBook via Bluetooth. I was hung up for weeks until I activated Phone as Modem plan. A fellow stacker pointed out that there is no provision for pay as you go tethered modem on Sprint with the BBs. So now the question is...has anyone gotten their Sprintberry working as a USB tethered modem on OS X Leopard? If so how? Thanks.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: 8130 as USB modem under OS X

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSPAR10 View Post
    ... I was hung up for weeks until I activated Phone as Modem plan. A fellow stacker pointed out that there is no provision for pay as you go tethered modem on Sprint with the BBs...
    sorry I don't tether so I cannot help on that, but thought I would bring your post to the top.
    but did you have to pay extra for the tethering? I was under the impression it should be free for Sprint users.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    317D68FE

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    sorry I don't tether so I cannot help on that, but thought I would bring your post to the top.
    but did you have to pay extra for the tethering? I was under the impression it should be free for Sprint users.
    Thanks. It's odd that cp said that there. He directly contradicts himself from another post. He was from whom I learned I needed Phone as modem. It failed on me every time I tried. As soon as they activated P2M...boom working. I have the $30 non-BES Sprint BB plan. $15 extra for PaM.

PIN/ID
    317D68FE

has no one gotten this working?

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186

I've gotten it to work on alltel's version, I can't really be much help on the sprint side....other than to say use the "WWAN SUPPORT" modem script, it's the one designed for datacards and I've got it working flawlessly on my 8130

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by dhyde79 View Post
    I've gotten it to work on alltel's version, I can't really be much help on the sprint side....other than to say use the "WWAN SUPPORT" modem script, it's the one designed for datacards and I've got it working flawlessly on my 8130
    Good for you! Care to share some screenshots? Love to see it

krystine44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello, Let me start by satying I am fairly technically "declined" but i noticed your post and registed on this site because you seem to have the same problem as I do. I have the Pearl 8130 and a macbook. I want to use the 8130 as a modem for the macbook. I read and followed the instructions on dave taylors site but i am stuck. I was wondering if you found out any new information on how to get this to work? Does Dave's post only apply to the 8100 and not the 8130? oh BTW my provider is Verizon Wireless if that makes a difference.

KJ

Tom_CAN no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301D8245

His method worked. I have tethered 8130 to Macbook PRO with Leopard. However, depending on your provider, the password may be different.

so eventhough the file that he provides to download and remove the .txt says Blackberry 8100, that doesn't make a difference? it seems like evrything was going smoothly with the setup except when i got tot he part where i use the mac to "configure devices" the screen says " Bluetooth Mobile Setup" "Select the services you want to use with your mobile phone:" The only option I have to select is "access the internet with your phones data connection" so i check the box and hit continue. thats where it goes to a stand still. it says it "configuring serives" but never gets past that.... any ideas?

burglerspam no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by krystine44 View Post
    so eventhough the file that he provides to download and remove the .txt says Blackberry 8100, that doesn't make a difference? it seems like evrything was going smoothly with the setup except when i got tot he part where i use the mac to "configure devices" the screen says " Bluetooth Mobile Setup" "Select the services you want to use with your mobile phone:" The only option I have to select is "access the internet with your phones data connection" so i check the box and hit continue. thats where it goes to a stand still. it says it "configuring serives" but never gets past that.... any ideas?
    krystine44, I am having the exact same problem. Have you gotten any resolution?
    Thanks!

I haven't! I called blackberry, verizon and mac. Verizon told me to that the software was available through handango.com but i couldn't find it. mac probably put the nix on it to sell more iphones!

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3

The following is courtesy of Omie on another forum.
    Be advised Verizon customers: you must purchase the tethering option for this to work.

1.Open up Bluetooth Preferences

2.Click on Edit Serial Ports

3. Use these settings

4. Go to Configure this device

5. Click on Continue

6. Use these settings

password is vzw

7. Click Connect Bluetooth and you are set.

burglerspam no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok two quick things:
    1) When you're talking about "Tethering Plans" is that the same thing as the "BBA CONNECT" plan? If I am able to use the USB cable on my windows PC to get broadband access, I should be able to use the Bluetooth on the Mac, right?

2) I'm missing the "Blackberry Bypass Service" and "Blackberry Desktop Service" from the above screenshot. And I'm told that's what the issue is. My IT guys tell me that they don't disable it, so how do I get those 2 items?

Thanks!

I cannot get my blackberry to connect with my mac!!!! would anyone be interested in setting up a conference call to get this done? i have a free conference call service we can use...

So still if anyone wants to do a conference call let me know but in the mean time my blackberry 8131 will show that it is "paired" with my mac but it doesn't "connect" therefore i do not get the full menu of options on the bluetooth page on my mac. i got the "broadband connect" from verizon wireless for $15.00 a month, do i need something else? has anyone got this to work successfully? or patially that can give me one one on one advice? i'm so frustrated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast