Hey guys, I know the 8120 for cingular hasn't arrived but hypothetically if it does ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

websterbud no está en línea Stack level 1

8130/20: EDVO vs. EDGE

Advertisement

Hey guys, I know the 8120 for cingular hasn't arrived but hypothetically if it does come to AT&T will I notice the difference in speed between Sprint's network and AT&T's just browsing around on the net? I don't download much, just basically browse around the net, e-mail and text. I currently have the new pearl for Sprint but I'm debating returning it, staying with AT&T and picking up a Curve.

I'm in a real rural area so I'm not sure I'm even getting the benefit of EDVO in the first place, plus Sprint customer service pissed me off today....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: 8130/20: EDVO vs. EDGE

CURVE all the way baby! The bigger screen size is a major plus.

websterbud no está en línea Stack level 1

Ha. I'm defintly leaning that way. I have a phone with AT&T and I think the coverage is also better for where I'm at. But I'm real interested in the data speed comparisons. I know Sprint is faster but for what I'm going to use it for, will I really notice it?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

There is a pretty big difference...for what you're going to use it for not really going to matter. The load times are faster of course with EVDO but for browsing EDGE does me just fine.