Let's talk about the Pearl 2. Some things I established, Pearl 2 is 8120, huge ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tommy69 no está en línea Stack level 2

8120 WIFI etc.

Advertisement

Let's talk about the Pearl 2.

Some things I established, Pearl 2 is 8120, huge software update, minor cosmetic changes.

Some things it should have is Bluetooth Stereo, means I will be able to use wireless headphones to listen to music, correct?

Camera upgraded to 2.0 gets video recording capability.

And most important, the WI-FI I've never had a phone with wifi on it...

I live on campus and we have wireless internet all over the dorms.

Does that mean I can browse Internet whenever my phone find a wireless network?

I know phone will be able to make calls over the wifi network too... Is this a service I have to subscribe for?

Someone enlighten me.

Thanks.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Re: 8120 WIFI etc.

The WiFi will allow you to surf the internet faster than over the cell network. As far as I am aware the only way to place calls with the WiFi on a Blackberry is through T-Mobile's HotSot@home. This would mean you device would have to be a T-Mobile device.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

I am a T-Mobile costumer... lost my 8100, right now trying to decide between the Curve and Pearl 2..
    when it comes out.

ten5ff no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the 8120 bought online from eBay. It was locked to Suncom so I had to get an unlock code and been very happy. The Wi-Fi allows for hi-speed downloading and browsing the internet and everything else is what you would expect from a Blackberry. Great build quality and features. Haven't tried the bluetooth stereo as I just use the regular 3.5mm headphone jack (why don't most companies use it instead of 2.5mm). Paired it with an 8gb microSD card and its a device I can't live without

They go for ridiculous prices on ebay right now.

changj no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ten5ff View Post
    I have the 8120 bought online from eBay. It was locked to Suncom so I had to get an unlock code and been very happy. The Wi-Fi allows for hi-speed downloading and browsing the internet and everything else is what you would expect from a Blackberry. Great build quality and features. Haven't tried the bluetooth stereo as I just use the regular 3.5mm headphone jack (why don't most companies use it instead of 2.5mm). Paired it with an 8gb microSD card and its a device I can't live without

i was wondering which website you went with to get the unlock code for the 8120? or if anyone has their personal suggestions, that would be great too.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

I've got the 8100 pearl and have been looking at getting a 8120.
    I was going to get a 8110 (8130) for the GPS but after read a thread the other day I really think the the wifi is the better option. I really wish that Blackberry would release a pearl with both then that would be perfect.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym

if i used Wi-Fi with an ATT contract, can i still surf using the Wi-Fi, and the only thing i can use is the UMA calling correct? i was thinking of getting a TMo Pearl as a spare, but i want to make sure i can at least use the Wi-Fi for browsing.

zapfenstreic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25788C1F
    One problem I am noticing with the new BB 8120. While using the wifi (TMO Hotspot @ Home) calling feature and a bluetooth headset! Well from what I can think is that the blue tooth interupts the wifi signal.

I keep going in and out while talking on the phone! So I dont use the BT headset around the house while on wifi! Oh well. But the phone is great. I like it better then the regular 8100!!!

Stuart: You want a GPS for your car? Go to Dell.com and go to electronics! Dell is always haveing great sales. I got a $499 Magellan Meastro on sale for $380. Depending on what model it is the instant savings is any where between $50 and about $130 you will save...

Hope all this info helps some one.

Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by zapfenstreic; 04-22-2008 at 06:52 PM.
    Cancer Free Since 9 March 2006!!