I bought my wife an 8100 and have not been able to make one decent ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3

8120 vs 8100 - reception question

Advertisement

I bought my wife an 8100 and have not been able to make one decent phone call with it from our house. I talked to cutomer care at TMO and am exchanging it for an 8210 so that she can use the Pearl through my router with Wi-Fi. Has anyone noticed if the reception on the 8120 is better than the 8100? I have a Curve and while I have poor reception I can at least get a signal in the house.

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12
    maybe is your house location ( antena location)
    and buddy for me is no difference between 8100 and "8120" in reception stuff, both are tmo phones! but check your reception in other places......
    i think is you house!
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

Well, actually, when I had a T-Mobile Wing running Windows Mobile 6 I got at least 2 bars of reception here in the house and could use my phone in the house. Since switching to Blackberries I have had to put a router on the PC and use Wi-Fi.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have both and have had had no reception differences. Both devices are exceptional.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    There was no difference in reception on my 8100, 8120 and 8320. Reception is through your carrier and your location. Not your device. Wifi will help if you call alot from home, but make sure you stay within 20 ft of your router The 8120 is def better than the 8100 in my opinion as devices go.

Thanks for the input. Every time I have tried something other than a Windows Mobile device here at the house I have gotten poor reception. One thing I did on my router w2as change from channel 6 to channel 11 and that helped out here in the house quite a bit on my Curve.

jcon249679 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you have high speed internet? If so think abpit buying a t mobile router I believe they are 30 bucks and there is a mail in rebate for 30 so essentially its free but the 8120 has the ability to connect to the router and use that for a signal boost I live in the boonies and get horrible reception till I bought the linksys tmobile router and now I have perfect reception in my basement

jcon249679 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that's only going to work if you have the curve or the 8120