Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Happy ending to this thread. Got my new 8120 today and after 3 hours of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Happy ending to this thread.

Got my new 8120 today and after 3 hours of customizing and reloading apps, I'm almost good to go. All that's left now is to upgrade the OS and install BBM 5.0. When I first got it, it did the same thing and I thought "uh oh". But, it's a new trackball so it has to settle into the constant use the old one endured. Thanks for your help everyone (usually I'm the one giving out the help, but this time I needed and got it LOL).

steve2039 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30760CA8
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Happy ending to this thread.

Got my new 8120 today and after 3 hours of customizing and reloading apps, I'm almost good to go. All that's left now is to upgrade the OS and install BBM 5.0. When I first got it, it did the same thing and I thought "uh oh". But, it's a new trackball so it has to settle into the constant use the old one endured. Thanks for your help everyone (usually I'm the one giving out the help, but this time I needed and got it LOL).
    Good news!! Tmobile actually has good customer service.

How easy was it to get the rep to fix the issue?

If you're referring to the sticky trackball on the new 8120, I didn't even have to make a phone call. It finally worked itself out.

GRRRRR....24 hours into owning the replacement/refurbed 8120 and random reboots starting already? It just reset itself after I ended a call using BlueTooth
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-31-2009 at 10:56 PM.

steve2039 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30760CA8
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    GRRRRR....24 hours into owning the replacement/refurbed 8120 and random reboots starting already? It just reset itself after I ended a call using BlueTooth
    just an option to consider but generally after the third defect the provider will switch for a like make and model...that may be the next bet...

Yup. I've done that before. But if I have to I THINK I should be eligible to get a completely new phone. I'm hoping it will last long enough to get the HTC Touch Pro2 due out in 12 days.

webstarr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Remember to back your existing phone up, just in case. The newest desktop manager does a nice job of automating the swapping of one phone to another, but as we know, anything is subject to unexpected failures.

Just had to manually reboot due to seeing the hourglass (can't leave the phone for even 5 minutes without it going to the hourglass). Right when I was getting ready to use the phone after this, it reset itself again. I am backing this phone up as soon as it reboots. I may permanently be on the 8100 if this keeps up and just wait it out for the TP2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12