The 8100 is SO F***ING SLOW. I just wanna throw it at a brick wall ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ikonz no está en línea Stack level 2

8120 processor??? better or same??

Advertisement

The 8100 is SO F***ING SLOW. I just wanna throw it at a brick wall and smash it up. Screens load slow. Messages are slow loading. When texting sometimes the words lag behind. When I am in home screen and I type someones name I type it to fast and keys don't register. Please don't tell me I am the only one with this problem because I am on my 4th blackberry that I have gone through with T-Mobile and they are all the same.

Does the 8120 have the same processor? If its an upgraded version does anyone know what speed it is?

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Sounds like a memory issue with the slow loading and messages lagging. Try freeing up some memory such as old messages, clearing browser cache, deleting unwanted apps, and updating your OS. As far as processor speeds are concerned they are all adequate, but if the memory is low, even the fastest processor will have a tendency to lag. There's a few threads on here showing how and what to delete to increase memory, not on a PC so can't navigate as quickly to find them. Hope this helps!

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4
    i've had occasional slowness problems when trying out different themes. some themes, for whatever reason, just bog my phone down.
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The theme makes a huge difference on phone speed. I thought I was loosing my mind when I had my Pearl. Seemed just as you describe.

I decided to go back to the standard theme that came with the phone (at&t in my case) and magically, the phone reacted much better.

I'm not sure the problem, but revert to the standard theme and see if that helps. You never know.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I'm gobsmacked to here you having such and issue?
    I've had 2 8100 and both were ok in speed. The only time they were slowish was due to what has already be said.
    With regard to the 8120 personally I think its a lot faster than the 8100. The 8120 seems to be better built and the new os is amazingly different.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ikonz no está en línea Stack level 2
    ive cleared the cache, did the LGLG thign to clear the log. Ive restarted the phone. Another issue i have is that it loads the memory card so slow. When i want to listen to music its slow but not that slow. When i want to view pictures.....omg....my old POS samsung loaded images instantly. btw, I am on the stock theme.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    to answer your question. all the blackberries on the market at the current moment carry a 312 mhz processor. and i agree with everyone above. most themes that are not professionally made can lag your system. or take a while to recognize things specially with the 8100. i have the 8120 in hand and after deleting all the bs the barrier puts on it. the thing moves.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ikonz View Post
    ...When i want to view pictures.....omg....my old POS samsung loaded images instantly...
    ah, yes, the dreaded slow media card. there's actually a fix for this. defrag your card using the standard windows defragmenter tool and that card snaps back to life! (make sure you have mass storage mode enabled on your 8100 so that it shows in windows).

let us know how that works for you.
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but you would have to do that a lot if you use the card a lot. i have contacted RIM and suggested a defragger to be added to the memory cleaner services.

suggestions@rim.com

soulsickk no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

The 8100 is SO F***ING SLOW. I just wanna throw it at a brick wall and smash it up. Screens load slow. Messages are slow loading. When texting sometimes the words lag behind. When I am in home screen and I type someones name I type it to fast and keys don't register. Please don't tell me I am the only one with this problem because I am on my 4th blackberry that I have gone through with T-Mobile and they are all the same.

Does the 8120 have the same processor? If its an upgraded version does anyone know what speed it is?

ALWAYS clear your cache,old messages and un need BS!!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    ive cleared the cache, did the LGLG thign to clear the log. Ive restarted the phone. Another issue i have is that it loads the memory card so slow. When i want to listen to music its slow but not that slow. When i want to view pictures.....omg....my old POS samsung loaded images instantly. btw, I am on the stock theme.
    upgrade your OS. Rogers has 109 available.