Forgive my ignorance but as a new user I need to ask some pretty basic ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dingle232 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8120 new user questions

Advertisement

Forgive my ignorance but as a new user I need to ask some pretty basic questions:

1. How do you change the icons displayed on the home screen?

2. How do you turn off suretype and enable multitap?

3. When I enable one of the themes provided by my network provider there is a separate icon appears entitled 'SMS/MMS' and all incoming messages are stored in there rather than the 'Messages' folder. How can I get messages directed into the 'Messages' folder so that i get notified on the home screen?

Apart from some teething troubles I love the 8120 - am hooked.

Cheers

Paul

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8120 new user questions

Dingle232 Welcome to PinStack!

for question #2 if you just go into an email like if your responding you can click the menu button and scroll down and enable multitap there.

for question #3 there are two answers if you want to be notified when you get a new mms or sms please go to your profile icon and once there scroll down to you get to advanced... now once there open your default profile and there is where you can turn on vibrate and tone for mms and sms. or you can go into your mail and click the menu button and scroll down to options and there click general options and there is where you can change it from seperate to combined.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

for question #1 that is controlled by theme plazmic builder which you would have to install and create a new theme with the icons that you would like to have. The link below should help with this.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ite_guide.html

Dingle232 no está en línea Stack level 1

That's really helpful and I have managed to do everything except no 3 as yet - can't quite get my head around that but I will do.

Are there any sites with decent free themes for the 8120? Presumably I could save them on my memory card and access them from that or would I have to connect the handset and put them in the themes folder?

I only have the default 5 themes on the device so I'm keen to get some more.

Thanks for help so far.

Cheers

Paul