Looking to get some info here. I currently have an 8100 and am pretty happy ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2

8120 (New Pearl) Vs. 8320 (Curve)

Advertisement

Looking to get some info here. I currently have an 8100 and am pretty happy with it. no major problems to date. I don't mind having two letters per key as i've been with a device like this for 2 years. I have the option to upgrade my phone...for FREE!! My choices are either the new Peal 8120, or the Curve 8320. I also have the choice to get the 8820, but i don't like that phone. So i'm deciding between the New Pearl and the Curve. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Curve!!! Full querty is amazing. I started with a Pearl too, but went to the Curve and am forever hooked. Suretype drove me nuts quite alot.

* I'll add that yes I loved the size of the Pearl too like everyone else, but I dont type text messages using perfect dictionary English with my friends. Thats where the suretype slowed me down to a snails crawl. So it just depends how you talk and write with your friends. Sure it can start learning your words, but I come up with new words and nonsense everyday with my friends lol! I dig the bigger screen as well. But if you need small, you cant go wrong with a Pearl. They all are amazing.
    Last edited by lovin2act; 05-16-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added thoughts
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ The 8120 is compact and portable. This outweighed the need for a full keyboard for me. I text, email, instant message, PIN, etc all day and I am still comfortable at the end of the day.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    God the 8120 all day everyday! With the new os giving suretype a whole new meaning! This BB can't be beat ! ! !

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am pretty much the same boat. Have been using my 8100 Pearl for a year and thinking about moving to either a new 8120 Pearl or the 8320 Curve. Most likely will go with the new Pearl. I think SureType is a learned experience; once you really give it a try it is fine. I like the ability to pretty much type anything with just my right thumb. I am also reluctant to give up the compact size of the Pearl. Just my thoughts, hope this helps!

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post
    God the 8120 all day everyday! With the new os giving suretype a whole new meaning! This BB can't be beat ! ! !

What is different about the suretype? Can you explain?

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    The suretype on the 8100 is good but the suretype on the 8120 is incredible !
    8120 suretype gives you a list of different words, checks your spelling.
    Look to be truthful u can type an email about well 10 times faster than the curve! Uts not just fast its seems to prodict your words. The more common the words you use, they come up at a blink

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I know that its a personal thing when you come to the BB keys but really the suretype is so dam fast its incredible

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Suretype is only one thing. The speed of surfing using the wifi is unbelievable. Its so fast. The contact list allows you to add additional information ! This is an incedible cell phone !

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I had the 8320 went to the dash and now the 8120. I can honestly say I like this one the best. The 4.3 os makes it worth using the condensed keyboard. Besides that it adds video capability. It all adds up to what features you feel are most important.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I had the 8320 for a week, sent it back and got the pearl 8120 for 100 bucks cheaper (89.99 after rebate). I love the curve, and I was worried that I would regret sending it back for the 8120. I have no regrets whatsoever. The 8120 is like the James Bond version of the 8320. The sure type is a snap, and it will memorize your slang words with ease. After one day with the 8120, I can say that I wouldn't want to trade it in for the curve ever. I love the pearl, and the difference in screen real estate between both phones is not really noticeable to me. I was loving the wide curve screen for the week that I had it, and I was very worried about the smaller 8120 scree. I can honestly say that when surfing the web on the 8120, I feel as if there is not any real difference. Think about it...both screens are relatively small palm sized screens. Compare both the pearl and the curve to the iphone, and you will be able to see a noticeable difference. It is all personal opinion and preference of course.

Another thing I like about the 8120 vs. the curve, is the fact that I do not look so much like a phone geek, or a business man, or a texting maniac as I would with the larger curve. The 8120 is lighter and thinner, and feels much better to carry in my front jeans pocket. It also looks like a normal phone as opposed to the curves calculator look.

Whichever phone you go with, you can't go wrong with a Blackberry, and I am sure you will love whichever phone you choose.

Now go and get the 8120!

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    One thing about the 8120 that I find a little annoying is the notorious loose battery cover. I grew to accept this, and decided to use the sticker on battery method to fix it. IT works perfectly. You can also buy after market battery covers (I think) that might provide a better fit. I am going to put a rubber skin on it as well.

The curve on the other hand, felt a little more well put together. The battery cover was tight with no wiggles, and everything felt to be mechanically correct. I also prefer the black rubberized sides on the curve as opposed to the plastic chromed out sides on the pearl.