Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here we go again. Here's a list of issues I just noticed with my 8120. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

8120 Intermittent Issues

Advertisement

Here we go again. Here's a list of issues I just noticed with my 8120. They don't happen all the time but it's annoying when they do:

USB cord charges for 3 seconds although the USB port is not broken or loose. I may solve this issue by simply getting another USB cable.

Freezes when trying to open the browser requiring a battery pull or SoftReset (this just happened when I was trying to install a game OTA. It worked the second time around AFTER a reset).

Yahoo Messenger invite issue has revealed itself again where the BB and PC don't recognize invites from one another.

Need ideas before I throw this thing against a wall and use an insurance claim to get the 8220.

OS 4.5.0.110 <---newest 8120 OS
    Platform 2.7.0.90

T-Mobile USA

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Erica, I'd try another USB cable and then look for a loose connection on your phone if you haven't - lightly move it up, then down a few times slowly at the connection when plugged it.

The freeze issue: it happened once or it happens periodically? If the former I would chalk it up to experience and move on. If the latter, you might try going back to a previous OS and try. I'm running .110 on my 8320 - only had it a couple of days - but haven't had a problem with it yet.

On the Yahoo Messenger, I have issues with that all the time between my BB and P-C. Invitations that won't remove from the handset and will from the P-C ... sometimes. It's annoying because I never use it on the P-C except to get rid of unwanted users that see to attach themselves to me. I think Yahoo sucks - I use a "brand" of it for my email. Good luck with that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Well Erica depending on what website you were downloading your game from, i've had the same issue. I don't remember the site right now because I don't use it anymore, but when I would download ota and then browse some more, it would freeze and I would have to do a battery pull.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The browser and Yahoo issues have been corrected. A reinstall of the OS worked. I have used every USB cable I can find. I am now noticing that data being sent interrupts the charging process where this didn't happen before. I have to reconnect every time it sends and gets data.

My charging pod doesn't even charge this thing anymore.

Sometimes I still wanna throw this thing against a wall though.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-19-2008 at 01:49 AM.

Switching from my extended life battery back to the OEM battery that came with the phone solved the charging problem.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-19-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Hmmmm. Wonder if the battery could be the cause of any of the other problems.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I think you're right. I haven't had any of the issues since going back to the original battery that came with the phone.

Only problem with getting the battery replaced is that I trashed the receipt when I got the battery and it's been 7 months (I got the battery a week after I got the phone) so I'm not quite sure how good Seidio's return policy is with those conditions.

Last time I had problems like this was last year with an 8100 and it in fact ended up being the phone (I ended up having to replace the phone) but this time it's the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I think you're right. I haven't had any of the issues since going back to the original battery that came with the phone.

Only problem with getting the battery replaced is that I trashed the receipt when I got the battery and it's been 7 months (I got the battery a week after I got the phone) so I'm not quite sure how good Seidio's return policy is with those conditions.

Last time I had problems like this was last year with an 8100 and it in fact ended up being the phone (I ended up having to replace the phone) but this time it's the battery.
    Seidio has a great return/replacement policy in my experience, but it would be difficult to prove a battery caused all your problems, wouldn't it? I realize the problems went away when you went back to the original battery but it's very weird.

Contact them, tell them what happened and see what they say - that's about all you can do at this point.

It could have been either the battery or the 4.5 OS I had. But now I can't go back to 4.3 because it will remove my access to the MySpace app (which I use heavily) and some other apps that depend on 4.5 so what should I do?

Erica, You went back to the original battery and the problems went away, right? That's what you indicated in your posts #5 and #7. ...and you're still on 4.5 so we have to assume that the problem is NOT caused by 4.5.

Contact Seidio as I suggested in my previous post and see what they say. It seem like that's your only possibility. I don't know what else to suggest.

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Seidio keeps track of all transactions, contact them, they can look up your purchase information with the email address you signed up with
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks.

I sent Seidio an email describing my issues and will report back with a reply when I get it. I love their products (been using them since my 71xx days) so I'm just hoping this is a bad battery that decided to wait this long before showing any problems.

I finally got a reply from Seidio. They needed the email address I used when I bought the battery (I have 2 emails I use to order software and accessories for my phone so I gave them both emails) to verify that the battery is within 180 days of purchase (I got it within 5 days after I got the phone).

Oh and to verify that it was the battery I stuck the battery in my backup 8100 that I use on a prepaid account for texting only and it slowed it to molasses.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-30-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Looks like I will either be using the OEM battery I have or I have to order another new battery. I got an email from Seidio and my battery is out of warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast