specs: iPaq 211 (wm6) blackberry 8120(tmobile usa). app 4.5.0.102 (plat 2.7.0.92) apn:wap.voicestream.com extra init used ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

Question 8120 bt modem to wm6. Not connecting. Please help

Advertisement

specs: iPaq 211 (wm6)
    blackberry 8120(tmobile usa). app 4.5.0.102 (plat 2.7.0.92)
    apn:wap.voicestream.com
    extra init used (along with other variations):
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
    at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"<cr>
    dial:*99#
    user name and pass: blank

I have done a bunch of looking and it seems the "extra initialization commands" have been removed from wm6. Without them you cannot successfully connect the iPAQ211 to your cells isp. I spent 3 hours on the phone with tmobile (tier 3) and got no answers how ever the guy was very eager to help me. Google returns a search result that you have to edit a registry setting on the wm6 device hklm/drivers/unimodem/init add a 3rd string (or edit the 1st one) there called 3 (or 1) and enter the "extra initialization" commands there, soft reset and it will work. Other people have done this and successfully connected but for what ever reason mine wont. I have tried editing the string my self and using a tool called modemis.exe that basically adds the string for you. I know this can be done because in the past had my 8100 dongled to my dell axim and it worked verry well. At this point im looking to see if it might be the blackberry and if i need to reinstall handheld software or maybe downgrade to a different os. If any one has had a simular problem and/or also want to know if there has been any one sucessfully dongle any thing at all with the app ver 4.5.0.102. I would love to see what others have been doing to get this to work. Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.
    Voicemail: "You have reached John Doe....." No I haven't that's why I'm talking to your voice mail... LOL Why do people say that?

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na
    RESOLVED!!!! you have to connect the bb to a pc as a modem and establish an internet connection before the bb will allow the wm6 device to connect to the network and gain internet from the gprs network. questions? post here! thread is linked to my email...... email linked to my bb.
    Voicemail: "You have reached John Doe....." No I haven't that's why I'm talking to your voice mail... LOL Why do people say that?