I wonder if anyone can help? On receiving calls, my 8120, the speaker automatically comes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

patmustard no está en línea Stack level 1

8120 auto speaker problem

Advertisement

I wonder if anyone can help? On receiving calls, my 8120, the speaker automatically comes on for the first few seconds of the call which is very annoying and usually results in feedback to the caller. How can this be switched off? It seems to have activated on its own as it didn't used to do this when the phone was new. Thanks

It is likely a physical problem with the keyboard, I'm thinking that the "area" between the actual bottom of the keys and the board has gotten dirty/sticky and simply needs to be cleaned. What might be happening (if my theory is correct) is that the speakerphone key may be sticking. Removing the cover and getting underneath the keys to check this out is a little long-winded but not too hard (long-winded because the keyboard has to be removed from the inside of the device). If you feel like pursuing this, post back and I'll list some instructions how to crack open your Pearl

Nikols no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had this issue as well. I disagree with Mark, I do not believe that it has anything to do with sticking keys otherwise it would show that it is in speakerphone mode and it does not. I have resolved this by hard resetting the phone (Battery pull) when that stops working A fresh install of the OS then when that no longer works I make T-Mobile send me a new one. Very annoying problem, still love the phone.

patmustard no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the advice, it's got nothing to do with keys sticking, I'll try simply taking out the battery but I won't bother with an OS re-installation, I'll just ask for a new handset. Thanks.