Very pleased with my 8110 so far, apart from it doesn't seem to like seeking ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3

8110 - problem playing movies

Advertisement

Very pleased with my 8110 so far, apart from it doesn't seem to like seeking in long movies. I can play them from the beginning fine, but if I try to use the slider to move further along in the video, it says "Device media processor is busy" then freezes or gives me an error "Could not play media". Anybody else experiencing this or know of a way around it? Will some formats play more reliably than others (eg avi or 3gp)?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I haven't put full moves on mine in a while. I have a full season of CSI and Tripping the rift. No Issues there. You are using a Memory card to store them and not he phone memory right? And I use 3gp BTW.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    This has happened to me, what it could be is that you have too many things (apps) running in the background and your handheld is having trouble playing (reading) the video while its processing other info. Try closing apps you don't need running in the background, do a battery pull, then re-try.

Also, as pda.teck said, you should be using your Media Card to play videos from (works best)

I had this issue with my camera, but as soon as I closed some apps, it worked fine!

hope this helps, good luck!
    Last edited by beeshabo; 03-25-2008 at 03:32 PM.

I have tried closing all other apps and also doing a battery pull then playing the movies but still get the same problem. The movies are on my media card. They are currently avi, I'll see if 3gp makes it work any better.

Amanda1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

How did you get the videos to work?

Hey. Im having the same problem with my Blackberry. When I make long videos they dont work and it gives me an error message. Did you figure something out on how to fix this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by DomConway View Post
    Very pleased with my 8110 so far, apart from it doesn't seem to like seeking in long movies. I can play them from the beginning fine, but if I try to use the slider to move further along in the video, it says "Device media processor is busy" then freezes or gives me an error "Could not play media". Anybody else experiencing this or know of a way around it? Will some formats play more reliably than others (eg avi or 3gp)?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1234 View Post
    Hey. Im having the same problem with my Blackberry. When I make long videos they dont work and it gives me an error message. Did you figure something out on how to fix this problem?
    Using MP4 format rather than AVI seemed to fix this for me. Unfortunately I can't remember which software I used to do this as I haven't done it for a while - I usually watch videos on the move with my iPod now (traitor!) I think it was software I downloaded from here and that was discussed on another thread if that's any help. I'll let you know if I find what it was.