Hi, I got my 8110 a few weeks ago and was quite excited to get ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bwfcboy no está en línea Stack level 1

8110 GPS Telenav rubbish signal

Advertisement

Hi,
    I got my 8110 a few weeks ago and was quite excited to get the free months trial on the telenav satnav system but its been absolutely dreadful.

The GPS signal was so poor on the phone that I convinced T-Mobile it was faulty and they sent me a replacement phone but still no joy.

The second phone is no better. Unless the phone battery is fully charged and connected to the mains supply I CANNOT get a signal for 90% of the time, even when I am stood outdoors in open spaces.

Its really getting quite annoying. Am I doing something wrong or is this typical?

Also, I notice that there are a few applications available for a free service, like googlemaps. I have done some searching but I`m a bit confused as to what to download and how to do it.

Finally, I have a free code for a 30 day telenav trial in the UK if anyone is interested. Its registered against your phone number so if you`ve already tried it then this will be no use to you.
    Thx

bwfcboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there nobody in the UK using the telenav system?
    I thought the GPS was a key feature of this phone?

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    GPS software has nothing to do with GPS signal strength. That is entirely dependent upon the gps receiver built into your phone. I dont know what kind of receiver the 8110's use, but given the size of the phone, and nature of hardware manufacturers to try and squeeze every last drop out of something, I'm guessing the 8110 gps isnt all that great. Try purchasing a bluetooth GPS addon with a sirfstarIII chip and see if that helps. If it does, then the problem is with the phone.