i recently broke my screen on my 8100 but the phone still works fine, still ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shaesteel no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 with broken screen

Advertisement

i recently broke my screen on my 8100 but the phone still works fine, still recieves calls and all that stuff but i want to get my phonebook, tasks, memos and that sort of thing off my phone, nothing is saved to my sim card and i don't have a new 8100 to transfer it to. is there anything i can do to get my info off my phone?

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can do a backup if you are going to get a new BB

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hmmm..good question!!

Maybe try a mobile viewer to capture what your blackberry is seeing, even though the screen don't work, you may still be able to take a screen shot of what your bb is displaying on the inside..try Rove Mobile Viewer, it's worth a shot

But other than that suggestion, I don't know of any other way. Sorry!

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Phonebook, I know alot of cellular stores have a contact copier(cellebrite). It will work even with just the sim card, depending what handset you are going to it will give you the option to transfer pics and videos as well. As far as the memos, calender, etc I would think the only way is todo a back up with the dm and that would only help if you are going to another bb....
    "This life almost didn't happen"

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Oh, it will work with the phonebook on the bb itself and simcard phonebook. you should be fine as you said it turns on.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Once you transfer your blackberry using the switch device app located on the desktop manager, make sure all works fine before making a phone wipe. Last thing you want to do is loose your info. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~