Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let the battle begin!!! Which is better? Wut functions can one do that the other ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

8100 vs 8110 vs 8120 vs 8130

Advertisement

Let the battle begin!!!

Which is better?
    Wut functions can one do that the other can't?
    Pros?
    Cons?

Out of all the pearls which would be the better buy?

C'mon ppl...your input is very important

Thanx

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    depends on what you're looking for, in a blackberry. Some people want GPS, others what WIFI.

As you probably already know, each one has it's pro's and con's. To have GPS and no WIFI, that could be a pro or and con.

Not sure if this could be a battle between the different models.

just my two cents.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    8110 son!!!

8120 and 8130 are superior to the 8100 hands down, but GPS to me is more handy than Wi-Fi.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    8130 has GPS and is CDMA, which is faster for browsing than GSM. But the 8130 doesnt use a SIM, so its not easy to switch between phones. I don't know how browsing compares from CDMA to the wifi 8120. But I do know it's faster than the 8100 for sure. I've messed with a couple friends' 8100 and they were so SLOW compared to mine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    8130 has GPS and is CDMA, which is faster for browsing than GSM. But the 8130 doesnt use a SIM, so its not easy to switch between phones. I don't know how browsing compares from CDMA to the wifi 8120. But I do know it's faster than the 8100 for sure. I've messed with a couple friends' 8100 and they were so SLOW compared to mine.

So how would I go about adding my contacts n custom word list to the 8130 from an 8100?

And does the 8130 have video recorder?

So neither the 8120 nor the 8130 have GPS?
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 08-26-2008 at 08:35 AM.

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I like my 8120
    GPS doesn't really matter. Love the wifi feature its really handy for those spaces that doesn't get the best service

8120s music sounds a lot better too

Depends on what you are looking for in the phone ... What ar you planning on doinh?

ryan6925 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3020C1EA
    An 8130 does have a GPS application come on it. Atleast mine did anyways. I love my 8130

PIN/ID
    ask
    I just want to have a pearl with built in GPS and decent internet. I would like video recorder n better quality pix. I have an 8100 with att n I would love to have an upgraded pearl..but its difficult to choose, which is why I would appreciate everyones input.

I been holding off on buying the 8110 becuz I never really looked into wut the 8120 n 8130 have to offer. Now I'm here, open minded, willing to learn n make a decision.

So plz, with as much detail as possible describe the features these phones have n the pros n cons (as far as wut you would consider a good feature to have n one that is unnecessary)

Plus, its good to know where these phones stand
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 08-26-2008 at 08:30 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    With the 8130, the capability of GPS depends on carrier. In order to use it, you need service books, Verizon will not send the service books untill you sign up for their VZ Navigator (Telenav type service) for $10 extra per month. My Alltel 8130 had GPS working right out of the box, no need to pay extra.

Yes the 8130 does come with the video camera, and you can either use the switch device wizard(easiest imo) or use a back-up from your current Pearl to transfer your custom words list and all preferred settings.

But remember, with the 8130 you would have to switch to a CDMA carrier such as Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular, etc. It won't work on any of the GSM networks(at&t, t-mo, etc.), no SIM, totally different receiver, and lastly if you do choose to switch, check with the CDMA carrier you are considering. VZW cripples GPS but they do MMS no problem. Alltel 8130s don't have MMS at all, Sprint either.... So keep asking more questions

soleen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2094d7EF
    According to AT&T, they will not sell the 8120 to the public unless you have or are apart of a business with more than 100 phones. They do not want the general public to use the wifi. T-mobile has the 8120 and not the 8110. Verizon has the 8130 because it does not have a sim card. This information is from the AT&T dealer. I had the same questions when I bought my 8110. It is a good phone.
    Last edited by soleen; 08-26-2008 at 10:45 AM.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I have the 8130 on US Cellular. Everything works great. USCC does not cripple anything. So your GPS, and mms will work fine. The down side to USCC is they are not everywhere. So it really depends where you live. To choose the best BB for your needs. I would start with finding the best carrier in your area, then look at what handsets they offer and choose that way. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have used the 8100 and 8120 so here is my take on the topic.

8100: I went thru 3 of them in 7 months. OS crashes, the infamous hourglass for minutes on end. The only issue it didn't have was the memory leak. It was a good little phone when it worked.

8120: Best Pearl on the planet.
    One crash that was resolvable. WiFi, better keyboard, etc. Just an all around great BB.

PIN/ID
    ask
    i just checked on the AT&T website and noticed that they dont even carry the 8130 (sux!) but then i saw the 8120 and according to stacker, SOLEEN, i wouldnt be able to get that one either. so its looking like the 8110 will be my only option.

also, while i noticed that there is no 8130 for the AT&T network, i did see a phone that i dont read too much about on pinstack, and that is the 8700. seeing how all of you have been SOOOO HELPFUL (thanx btw), i was wondering if you can tell me a few things about the 8700. such as, size compared to the 8300 (which i think are WAY too big), wut capabilities does the 8700 come with...camera, mp, internet, etc.

im just in the market for sumthing a little better than the 8100 but nuthing too big like the 8300 (i think those phones look like huge hi-tek note pads.lol)

thanx everyone

and thanx AZSTAR you been very detailed on describing the phones

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I guess you would have to put into a balance what is more important for you. I just wished that we could have everything in one pearl. Why I like the pearl.. The size and looks. I just wished that it had everything plus a little extra bonus. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    i just checked on the AT&T website and noticed that they dont even carry the 8130 (sux!) but then i saw the 8120 and according to stacker, SOLEEN, i wouldnt be able to get that one either. so its looking like the 8110 will be my only option.

also, while i noticed that there is no 8130 for the AT&T network, i did see a phone that i dont read too much about on pinstack, and that is the 8700. seeing how all of you have been SOOOO HELPFUL (thanx btw), i was wondering if you can tell me a few things about the 8700. such as, size compared to the 8300 (which i think are WAY too big), wut capabilities does the 8700 come with...camera, mp, internet, etc.

im just in the market for sumthing a little better than the 8100 but nuthing too big like the 8300 (i think those phones look like huge hi-tek note pads.lol)

thanx everyone

and thanx AZSTAR you been very detailed on describing the phones

Sure you can! I went thru customer service, and got sent to their dept that helps with Web orders and got mine in a few days. It was a bit of a hassle because I was asking for it as soon as it was available and got the runaround for a few days, but I have never owned a BB I enjoy so much.

One thing they neglected to note is with wifi you can get on the web/get email, even when you don't have service, if you can find an open wifi.

8120 Rocks the house!! No other is better, hands down!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast