Im having a problem with my 8100 it wont charge or sync i tired differnet ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

8100 usb problem

Advertisement

Im having a problem with my 8100 it wont charge or sync i tired differnet usb cable the same thing. the usb port on the phone was loose to begin but now its dead other then that the phones works good can some one help. heres my pin 23E229C5 thanks

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: 8100 usb problem

Are you using the USB charge cable that came with the phone?

How long have you had the phone? If you are within your 30 day purchase window, take it back to your local store and get it exchanged. If not within the 30 days, but within the first 12 months, contact your provider about getting a warranty exchange.

From your brief description, it sounds like a bad USB port on your phone. Unless you happen to be using a USB cable that is not a charger cable.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Have you tried to check if your drivers are updated?
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Are you using the USB charge cable that came with the phone?

How long have you had the phone? If you are within your 30 day purchase window, take it back to your local store and get it exchanged. If not within the 30 days, but within the first 12 months, contact your provider about getting a warranty exchange.

From your brief description, it sounds like a bad USB port on your phone. Unless you happen to be using a USB cable that is not a charger cable.
    I totally agree with you
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

yup its a bad usb port when i shake the phone i can hear rattle.. but i called TMO and its still under warraty some im getting another one

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by jhall1986
    yup its a bad usb port when i shake the phone i can hear rattle.. but i called TMO and its still under warraty some im getting another one
    hehe. Yeah, good idea. Rattle=Bad

Somewhere in the manual it says that. Pinky Swear.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

I always have 2 put my phone somewhere it won't move otherwise usb won't work. Its a little lose. But u say the warranty only covers 12 months why?

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

IIRC, RIM only warranties the phone for defects/workmanship for 12 months. Nowhere near the original box I have for the phone, so I may be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gkg3059
    I always have 2 put my phone somewhere it won't move otherwise usb won't work. Its a little lose. But u say the warranty only covers 12 months why?
    Thats how it start for me... then it got worse

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had this problem on a 7105t. I had to end up replacing it.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ a little loose ha! Mine is very loose and its annoying! I must be perfectly still when using it the wall charger is becoming suspect as well. I have insurance though so I can predict losing my pearl soon(wink)