hey i was on tmobiles website and they have the upgrade for the 8120...and i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zaid990 no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 upgrade question

hey i was on tmobiles website and they have the upgrade for the 8120...and i also heard that the 8120 has video recording on quesion is what would happen if i installed the 8120 upgrade on my 8100???

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Not a good idea. I think without exception, and certainly to avoid future problems, the device OS must match the device. You can try it but backup and tread softly. An expert can comfirm this - I am not one.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    The 8100 will not take the software for a 8120, the Desk top software will not let it load. The 8120 has vastly differant hard ware in it. You Could in theory put the files you wanted, i.e. form said software in to the software folder for the 8100 and get it to load, BUT, I have tried this type of thing a few times and have never had a successful operating BB afterwards. So it is better to wait till RIM releases an update for the 8100.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    DONT DO it, i did and spend 4 days reloading my software!!!!!