Hey What Up Pin Stackers?! My Trackball Light On My Pearl Doesn't Work Anymore! Any ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jare22bear no está en línea Stack level 2

8100 Trackball Light Went Out!

Advertisement

Hey What Up Pin Stackers?! My Trackball Light On My Pearl Doesn't Work Anymore! Any Ideas? I Already Took Out The Battery, I Shot Some Air In There, I Threw It Down A Flight Of Stairs......jk! But Seriously I'm Sure Its Not Like Replacing A Light Bulb, Any Remedies For My Darkness? Thanks Jare22bear

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8100 Trackball Light Went Out!

Did you install any programs right before it went out?

Mine went out after installing Mobylo Multi-Alarm, Hard Reset's(battery pull) and the like didnt help. I uninstalled the application then reset my BB and it was back on.

Not sure if it was the program or what it was because I reinstalled the Multi-Alarm and everything is fine, just charing my experience.

If everything else fails try reloading the OS.

Hm Every Time I Restart My Phone The Light Is On And Its Kinda Dim Though........maybe I Should Delete Some Of My Downloads Then?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by jare22bear
    Hm Every Time I Restart My Phone The Light Is On And Its Kinda Dim Though........maybe I Should Delete Some Of My Downloads Then?
    Funny you mention that when I would reset my BB before deleting the right application the pearl would light up while starting but not after it started.

yeah seeing as how it lights up during the boot process the light seems to be good still, there just seems to be a program's process blocking the light maybe.

Yea That Drives Me Nutz Cuz I Think It Will Work And Then Its Not Working Still! More Programs Maybe?

I Took Off A Few Downloadeds, And My Light Works Now! I Don't Know How Or Why That Would Work But It Seems Like It Worked So........sweeeeet!:d

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I think this is part of the upgraded os, has to do with autodim

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

..sorry, Im not here to jack the thread, but my problem has to do with the trackball thou, Does yours ever feel like its stuck? and by that I mean when im surfing online i cant make it highlight from left to right, but when Im on regular normal screen or on options it moves perfectly.. Have any of you encountered this?

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by blkmz3
    ..sorry, Im not here to jack the thread, but my problem has to do with the trackball thou, Does yours ever feel like its stuck? and by that I mean when im surfing online i cant make it highlight from left to right, but when Im on regular normal screen or on options it moves perfectly.. Have any of you encountered this?
    do you mean highlight or move, if you want to highlight something you have to go to options and then select. If you just want to move it horizontally it might be the page doesnt allow it.

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

yea, I meant highlight. Its weird cuz sometimes it will do it and sometimes it wont, for example on mobileblackberry has the different languages on top sometimes i can scroll across and sometimes it wont.. Im just wondering if there's something im doing wrong or if its just my phone.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by blkmz3
    yea, I meant highlight. Its weird cuz sometimes it will do it and sometimes it wont, for example on mobileblackberry has the different languages on top sometimes i can scroll across and sometimes it wont.. Im just wondering if there's something im doing wrong or if its just my phone.
    well with scrolling pages it depends on the way the page is set up. Because they are mini browser's the page is compressed and so with that scrolling becomes different compared to when you're on a pc/laptpop (etc). although I could be wrong and maybe there is a problem with your phone. did you try the battery pull?

Hey I Haven't Done The Upgrade Yet What Will That Change With The Dim?

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by jare22bear
    Hey I Haven't Done The Upgrade Yet What Will That Change With The Dim?

you wont have the option to disable auto-dim, so the phone will "correct" the lighting on its own depending on the environment. the upside is you will be able to use up to a 2gb memory card (micro sd)

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hey blkmz3. If you happen to ever read this again seeing how this is kinda an old post, the trackball thing happens to me too. I found out that it happens when I click a picture or zoom in and play with the picture in the web browser. Then when I press the back button to get back to the normal page it gets screwy. Any way I found the only way to cure it is to press options and close the browser. Once you open it back up it will work fine. A little annoying but it works. Srry for the long post I hope I brought some insight.