i want to upgrade my 8100 to an 8110. i want to switch over all ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

8100 to 8110 switch question

Advertisement

i want to upgrade my 8100 to an 8110. i want to switch over all my files, music, pix, settings, themes, games, apps...im talkin about everything over to the 8110...i know that theres a app or program that lets you copy everything on your SD card to your PC (i learned about this becuz i wanted to put all my media and apps to a bigger SD card)

i want to know, will my programs and settings and apps get messed up since its going from an 8100 to 8110...does it make a differece and is this even possible?
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 05-19-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    3rd party apps will not x-fer unless backed-up on DT. Everything on device will x-fer smooth.

Check this link out:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...m_your_bb.html

PIN/ID
    ask
    i hurd about this app; Aerize Card Loader

i understand that if i purchase this program, i could then copy everything that is in my SD card to my desktop, which would then be able to transfer to a bigger SD card or new phone...

are you familiar with this program?

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    i hurd about this app; Aerize Card Loader

i understand that if i purchase this program, i could then copy everything that is in my SD card to my desktop, which would then be able to transfer to a bigger SD card or new phone...

are you familiar with this program?

Yep! I have it on my Curve. The only thing is, because it is a 3rd party OTA, it will not x-fer from card. You will have to re-install app. via ota or DT. I did mine ota and left the folder on my sd card. It had no problem recognizing the folder.

PIN/ID
    ask
    wuts a 3rd party app, the Aerize Card Loader?

so let me get this straight...if i get that card loader, i will be able to transfer all my apps, but only to the desktop...then i will have to use DM to install them to my new 8110? is this rite? if it is...thats not a problem, thats a great solution to my problem.lol

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    A 3rd party app is any app not designed specific by RIM/BB. The card reader is a 3rd party app designed by an outside source. The card loader program only backs-up 3rd party software to the card, not the desk top. But when you transfer, the card loader program will not transfer w/ the other software simply because it is also a 3rd party app. you will need to save any 3rd party apps to your desk top via this forum:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...m_your_bb.html

PIN/ID
    ask
    ooooohhhhh.........ok..gotcha!...

just to sum up

i coul add wut i have on my card now to another card that will go in another phone simply by following those steps on that link, and getting that card loader.....cool!!!!

thanks man, you answered my question with great detail....i really appreciate you taking the time to help me...

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    ooooohhhhh.........ok..gotcha!...

just to sum up

i coul add wut i have on my card now to another card that will go in another phone simply by following those steps on that link, and getting that card loader.....cool!!!!

thanks man, you answered my question with great detail....i really appreciate you taking the time to help me...
    That's what we are all here for...to learn things we don't know...esp. me.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Unless you have 20 apps on your phone or it is too much of a pain to find them again, I would recommend just using the Desktop Manager to migrate your data/settings and then re-install the apps. If you can find the cod files you can use DM to reinstall them all very quickly too.