Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For T-Mobile Subscribers: As peterbabiy stated you NEED a data plan! There are no if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8100 send picture message issue!

Advertisement

For T-Mobile Subscribers:
    As peterbabiy stated you NEED a data plan!

There are no if and's or but's about it. In order to send MMS you must have the $19.99 data plan - Please take it from a T-Mobile PDA Sup who takes 1 - 10 escalated calls a week because people are told they don't need the data.

Here's why:
    All phone's work off APN's on the network side - This controls data access. MMS is sent over the data network, not the voice network like SMS. Most regular, non-PDA phones work off the basic WAP APN for sending MMS. The Blackberry is unique among phones because it does not have the ablity to connect to the WAP APN, therefor it cannot get data access to send MMS with the included default access. Blackberry data works solely off the Blackberry APN. You cannot get this Blackberry APN or data access with out the data feature.

Furthermore as to the comment about Service Book's - Yes, you must have the MMS config service book to send MMS, once you have that and an uppercase GPRS or EDGE you can send MMS, however this brings us back to the point that you must be able to get GPRS or EDGE first. With out the GPRS or EDGE, you can't recieve service books since they are sent over the data connection.

Now - About the need for a messaging plan - You do not need to have one to be able to send and recieve MMS (so long as you have the data plan), but if you don't then you would be charged $0.25/MMS to send or recieve.

Hope this clears things up...I'm loathe to correct a stack lead being new on the scene here, but I couldn't let this pass as I end up being the one that customers scream at after they scream at my reps about having to get the data plan to be able to MMS, I had to put the correction in.

xenogeist no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f5ba19

In regards to JadedBerry , I am a Cingular rep and you do need a data plan to send any kind of picture, minus BT, thru MMS, email, ETC.

oldsue no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no blackberry feature =no GPRS... meaning no mms, tzones,IM,email,internet. But as xenogeist mentioned you can use BT or the desktop manager to get the pics off the blackberry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12