Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I bought 8100 cingular from my friend and unlocked it to use with T-mobile SIM ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tuanhoa_lam no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down 8100 send picture message issue!

Advertisement

I bought 8100 cingular from my friend and unlocked it to use with T-mobile SIM but I can not find how to send picture message. Please help. Thanks

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: 8100 send picture message issue!

Hey man, Welcome

Ok so here's the deal. U can only send Pictures/Videos/Music with "MMS" which is only available on your phone if you have a data plan for $19.99 with TMO. If you dont have that, then thats the problem. Let us know if you need any farther help

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Hi Tuanhoa, welcome to Pinstack

First, to send and recieve MMS from your berry, you don't need a DATA PLAN, you just need to have it enabled on your device with your regular voice plan. To see if it is enabled, look in your service books list, and you should see something like:

MMS Config [WAP]

That tells you that you have the service book that will allow you to send and receive MMS messages on your berry. If you don't have this, log into tmobiles website and resend your service books. If that doesn't work, you may not have MMS service on your contract, and you will have to contact Tmobile and ask them to set you up with MMS and send the service book.

MMS is not a free service unless you have it included in your plan. I have unlimited SMS/MMS on my Tmobile plan for 4.99/mo. Just a FYI for you so you don't get any suprises when next months bill comes

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I think they just wanted to see how to send a pic. Pics can be sent by BOTH mms and email.

Take a picture or select one from your list, press MENU and see what options are available. It should have "send as email" and "send as MMS" if you can.

If it doesnt have "send as MMS" call Tmobile and add the 400 txt/pic plan for $5.

If it doesnt have "send as email" you can add the unlimited data plan for $20.

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

what is a service books list?

I can only see the option for SMS form the messages menu. no MMS

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

You need to be viewing a picture full screen then press menu to see what sending options are available.

If you have the BB Data package then it will have the email option, it you have a txt plan it will have send as mms, if you have neither it should (just a guess as I have both plans) show neither.

Thanks for welcoming me !
    I have just had my first BB so I dont know anything about it. I think the problem is I dont have my service book in my BB, although I got 400 messages from T-mobile I still can not send MMS or picture messages. In my phone there's one line " Data connection refuse", I searched in tmobile site and they showed me how to reinstall service book the instruction is in below

Problem with the Web Client [CMIME] Service Book
    If you are having problems with the Web Client [CMIME] Service Book, you may need to delete and reinstall the Web Client [CMIME] Service Book.
    To delete and reinstall the Web Client [CMIME] Service Book, perform the following steps:
    1. From the handheld Home screen, select Options.
    NOTE: BlackBerry 7100t® and BlackBerry 7105t® users select Tools, and then Settings.
    2. Scroll to and select Service Book.
    3. Scroll to Web Client [CMIME] and click the trackwheel.
    4. From the menu, use the trackwheel to select Delete. Select Delete again to confirm.
    5. Click the trackwheel and select Close.
    6. Go to My T-Moile and log in. For more information, go to How Do I Log In to My T-Mobile
    7. Access your BlackBerry Internet E-mail account. From Communication Tools & Downloads, select BLACKBERRY INTERNET E-MAIL.
    8. From the Settings menu, click Handheld.
    9. To resend the Web Client Service Book, click Send Service Books.
    10. Once the activation message is received on the handheld, the Web Client Service Book will be installed. To verify that the Web Client Service Book is active, perform the following steps:
    1. From the Home screen, select Options.
      NOTE: BlackBerry 7100t and BlackBerry 7105t users select Tools, and then Settings.
    3. Highlight Web Client [CMIME] and click the trackwheel.
    4. Select View. The Record Type should display Active.
    5. Press the Escape button (located below the trackwheel) to return to the Home screen.
    11. Attempt to send a new e-mail message from your BlackBerry handheld.

But when I log into my tmobile and select the Communications I dont see the " Blackberry internet email" from step 7.
    Anyone helps me please? Thanks for all replies.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by tuanhoa_lam
    I have just had my first BB so I dont know anything about it. I think the problem is I dont have my service book in my BB, although I got 400 messages from T-mobile I still can not send MMS or picture messages. In my phone there's one line " Data connection refuse", I searched in tmobile site and they showed me how to reinstall service book the instruction is in below

If you are having problems with the Web Client [CMIME] Service Book, you may need to delete and reinstall the Web Client [CMIME] Service Book.
    To delete and reinstall the Web Client [CMIME] Service Book, perform the following steps:
    NOTE: BlackBerry 7100t® and BlackBerry 7105t® users select Tools, and then Settings.
    4. From the menu, use the trackwheel to select Delete. Select Delete again to confirm.
    6. Go to My T-Moile and log in. For more information, go to How Do I Log In to My T-Mobile
    7. Access your BlackBerry Internet E-mail account. From Communication Tools & Downloads, select BLACKBERRY INTERNET E-MAIL.
    10. Once the activation message is received on the handheld, the Web Client Service Book will be installed. To verify that the Web Client Service Book is active, perform the following steps:
      NOTE: BlackBerry 7100t and BlackBerry 7105t users select Tools, and then Settings.
    5. Press the Escape button (located below the trackwheel) to return to the Home screen.

But when I log into my tmobile and select the Communications I dont see the " Blackberry internet email" from step 7.
    Did you change your service with TMO? Do you have a data plan? You might want to change which phone you are using on the site, make sure it shows your BB in the upper right corner. When i log in, the link is on the left hand side about mid page under Messaging. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You might want to install the TMO OS, that may help too.

Now the problem is I can send the service book but I can't recieve :cry:. There still has " Data Connection refuse" anyone knows how to solve it? I searched in T-mobile page and they said that you should turn off your wireless and turn on after 90s but It doesn't work.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

dont go to communications. When you sign in scroll down and you will see under messaging: setup blackberry internet e-mail, select that and then you will see on your left hand side an option for service books

PIN/ID

Now the problem is I can send the service book but I can't recieve :cry:. There still has " Data Connection refuse" anyone knows how to solve it? I searched in T-mobile page and they said that you should turn off your wireless and turn on after 90s but It doesn't work.
    so do you have a data plan and how long ago did you activate it, the data plan takes up to 72 hours to activate.

The point is I dont have data plan because one of pros over here say that I dont need data plan to send or recieve message, and my phone is unlocked phone so I dont have data plan at all.

PIN/ID

The point is I dont have data plan because one of pros over here say that I dont need data plan to send or recieve message, and my phone is unlocked phone so I dont have data plan at all.
    oh ok well I would recommend calling t-mobile and ask for blackberry support. I dont MMS much so i really dont know or maybe someone else will come along who knows something else. Although I doubt you need data for MMS because general cell phone users can do it as well.

moxiejones no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F70A1E

i was having a similar problem, except i'd send a MMS message and the other person would receive it and it would be blank. i tried this and i hope it works!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I still stick with my thing. You'll need a data plan to send mms.

Last edited by cherrichiodo; 05-07-2007 at 03:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast