Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums, and just got my first BB last week. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rktscigirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 8100: Reply-to Options are Blank

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, and just got my first BB last week. I ran into my first problem today: I've added/setup 3 e-mail addresses on my BB and went to reply to my first e-mail this morning. I composed the reply, pull up the menu (via the application button), select "Reply-To Address," and a window pops open that says "Pick Reply to..." with three empty boxes below the words. I can highlight, and even choose each colored box with the trackball, but I have NO idea what I'm selecting because they're EMPTY.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!
    Rocket Science Girl
    (apparently, it takes MORE than a rocket scientist to figure this one out!)

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: 8100: Reply-to Options are Blank

I'm confused by this whole process you lay out. I open an email that has been sent to me, I read it then click the menu button...the one with all the dots to the left of the track ball. I then click reply and since Im responding to an email that was sent to me the address is already in there.

I tried to recreate what you did and can't figure out what you are doing.

Hope this helps.

~Amie~

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

Re: 8100: Reply-to Options are Blank

I recreated it and it locked up my messaging program. What she is describing is:
    • Open message you have received.
    • Select 'reply' from the menu.
    • When in the reply compose mode, hit menu and select 'reply to address'. This should allow you to select which mail server you want to reply through.
    When I selected 'reply to address, it locked up the program. I had to reset. Hmmm.

rktscigirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: 8100: Reply-to Options are Blank

Well, I reset mine the first few times that happened, then realized that hitting the 'enter' button got you out of that Window Box.

I got a private message related to the use of PocketDay. I do have that program on my BB. It appears that the reply-to option in PD ONLY works if the Reply-To field is set to blank on your Blackberry Web Client setup. Perhaps PD erased those automatically for me?

I just can't imagine that, though. For all the usefulness of the PD home screen, it then makes BB Mail unusable. PD only shows Unread Mail, so I can only reply to something as I open it in PD. If I close it, it disappears from the PD home screen, and I have to go into BB Messages to reply. When that happens, of course, the Reply-to option is blank.

What a vicious circle. There've got to be some happy PocketDay subscribers out there who can shed some light on this?!