Using a Pearl 8100 T-Mobile unlocked (Rogers OS 4.5), I have a problem when I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

miquel no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 reboot results in configuration settings default reset

Advertisement

Using a Pearl 8100 T-Mobile unlocked (Rogers OS 4.5), I have a problem when I reset by rebooting that results in parts of the configuration settings being reset. For example, icons on the screen that were hidden re-appear. Or the configured font and size revert to default. Actually, there may be more that reverts to default. This occurs when I reset via battery removal or when I install an updated program that requires an automatic reboot.

Obviously I can go back and re-configure my settings preferences and obscure unused icons, but I would prefer to lock the configuration. I did not have this problem with OS 4.2.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

miquel

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you using the Today Plus theme? There is a known issue with that particular theme which doesnt save your icon settings.

360Challenge..
    Yes, that was the theme I was using. I changed it...problem solved.

Thanks for the help!

miquel

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm glad your problem has been been resolved, dont hesitate to inquire about other problems you may be experiencing as someone at the stacks will most likely help you fix your problem.

I have subsequently discovered that abandoning the Today Plus theme only partially resolved the issues mentioned in my initial post. The icon placement configuration on the screen remains constant upon reboot. On the other hand, the fonts and sizing, and other related settings for both explorer and the handheld continue to return to default...ie..BBMillibank...size 10...etc. I am now using the BB Dimension Zen theme.

Any thoughts on how to 'lock' the settings configuration?