OK, here's my problem. I want to turn off all ringtones and vibrate except for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

scootersdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

8100 Profile Settings?

Advertisement

OK, here's my problem. I want to turn off all ringtones and vibrate except for a phone number list. I go into Profiles and then Advanced and then have created a list of my exceptions.

But I can't figure out how to turn off Vibrate without also turning it off for my list of exceptions. For that matter, I don't see how my exception list is being treated any differently from the rest of the address book or my messages, all receive the same Profile treatment, whatever it is set to.

So, I would like to have my exceptions list set to Vibrate. I would like all other calls and messages to be mute. Is it possible?

trenafisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30DA1A71
    It is possible, but I believe you have to do it this way:
    Go into profiles, then go into advanced...then scroll down to where is says 'important calls' press the menu button and chose 'edit'...once there you will be able to add the numbers who you want on ur list, and set "user profile" to vibrate...
    Once you've done this you should be able to put your phone on quiet, but still have it vibrate for when the ppl on you have added to that list call you.
    Hope that helped!
    ...Your Attitude is going to determine your Altitude....

"So Blessed"

scootersdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks. Well I tried that approach but still cannot get it to work the way I want. Either the whole thing is turned off, set to vibrate or set to a ringtone. Seems like if it is possible to do this sort of custom stuff they ought to make it easier to understand.

trenafisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30DA1A71

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by scootersdaddy View Post
    Thanks. Well I tried that approach but still cannot get it to work the way I want. Either the whole thing is turned off, set to vibrate or set to a ringtone. Seems like if it is possible to do this sort of custom stuff they ought to make it easier to understand.

I know it can be a bit confusing..but it is possible...its just kinda tedious to set it all up.
    ...Your Attitude is going to determine your Altitude....

"So Blessed"