Hey guys and girls, the name is Sol, I recently introduced myself in one of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sol666 no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 Problems

Advertisement

Hey guys and girls, the name is Sol, I recently introduced myself in one of the proper boards of this site. I've been going through the site and I have to say it is simply one of the best, if not the best BB information site I have found, and for that case, that anyone can find on the internet.

Anyway, so before I explain my situation, I want to let you know a few things; I bought a used BB 8100 from a friend without any software, cables, or chargers. I currently use a Motorola RZR charger that works VERY well with the phone. I have a PSP USB cable that works with the phone as well, and my brother has a T-Mobile DASH, that came with a usable USB cable. The phone works well, so now, let me address the problems.

My first problem; as soon as I got this phone, I made service plan changes (I have T-Mobile), one being BBE Services. I have a working email account now, but for some reason, I have ANOTHER email account at the bottom of my icons. Is there any way I can get rid of it?

Second; About two weeks ago I was transferring pictures via bluetooth to a friend of mine, and it was working well. On one of the files, the phone sort of froze, and so I turned my phone off, and she cancelled the downloading file. My phone's bluetooth turns on ok, and connects to some devices, but when I try to connect to her phone, it won't let me do so. I did delete her from my device list, thinking maybe there was an error, and now that I try searching for her device, it won't pick it up. I've checked to make sure her phone is enabled, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I did everything the way I did it first, and it won't work. Do I maybe need to reset the bluetooth capabilities? And if so, how do I do that?

My final problem; As mentioned before, I was not given any software with the phone; the T-mobile download section is always down, and I can't find a place where I can download the Desktop Software Manager or the Handheld. I know I need like, two or three different sofware programs to update my phone... but I don't have the resources.

Any help from any of you is greatly appreciated.
    I've already bookmarked this site on my PC and phone

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: 8100 Problems

Hey and welcome

Here's a link to where u can download the desktop software. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service.../req_4dot2.jsp

About the email icon, it should be easy to fix. If u're using "Dimention Icon" theme then highlight the icon, hit menu and select hide application. If u're using "TMO Zen" theme hit the menu btn, go all the way to the bottom and hit organize appls. then highlight the icon, hit menu and select hide appl.

Also about the bluetooth, try pulling the batter off for about 30sec.

Let us know how it goes

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sol666, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can download desktop manager from blackberry.com. Just hunt around in support and downloads and you'll find it. I'm not sure about the bt problems you're having. I haven't done any transferring between devices over bt yet.

Sol666 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks guys... So other than hiding the unused enterprise email account, is there any other way to permanently get rid of it?

Ill download the software from the given sources, thanks again!

As for the bluetooth problem, ill be resetting it right now.

One more thing, I forgot to mention; I still have the set up internet email and enterprise activation icons on my list. Is there anyway to get rid of those without hiding? From what I know, I'm suppose to get an enterprise password, but I haven't received one, and its been well over a month. Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Are you actually on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with your job, and has your IT professional given you that password? If not, then this is why you are still waiting for it.

To get the software from T-Mobile, you have to go to http://www.tmobile.com/bbupgrade and hit the F5 key about 5 times before the downloads come up. This is a known problem on their site and that's the workaround.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And you will not get rid of those two Icons. Just move them to the bottom of the list and Hide them. You may need the Internet Email Settup Icon from time to time to manage your personal Email accounts from your BB.

Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles