I will do my best to explain my problem. Every so often the phone's led ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8100 problem -

Advertisement

I will do my best to explain my problem. Every so often the phone's led will flash blue like it would when it is connected to a blue tooth device. Problem is it is not connected to a device as I only have one device allowed to connect and the blue tooth icon does not have the arrows showing that it is connected to a device. When this happens the phone will only allow me to talk using the speaker phone option. I have tried to turn off the blue tooth using the blue tooth icon in my "desktop" but it won't turn off. This is a random occurence as far as I can tell as I haven't been able to reproduce it. It occurs when it wants to, sometimes a few times a day and sometimes not for days. This has happened with multiple OS versions. I have been able to do a battery pull and correct the problem but I was hoping that someone could give me a more permanent solution. My phone setup is up to date under my avatar. Thanks for any help in advance.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: 8100 problem -

Are you able to completely unpair the phone and headset and then repair it and see if that corrects the issue?

Erica -

That is part of the problem. This happens when there is nothing to pair with. I don't have an earpiece that I pair with. I have a hands free system in my truck that I pair with while driving. The problem doesn't occur in the truck. It occurs anywhere else. If I discover that it is in this mode when I do get in the truck it wil not pair with the handsfree system until I do a battery pull. Hope that helps you.

Yes that does help. I didn't know what you had your phone paired to. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe someone who has their phone paired with their vehicle can be of more assistance.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Have u called ur provider?

mutt7882 no está en línea Stack level 1

ive had some probs with my pearl but nothing ever like that ! hope you figure it out!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Dimndbk
    I will do my best to explain my problem. Every so often the phone's led will flash blue like it would when it is connected to a blue tooth device. Problem is it is not connected to a device as I only have one device allowed to connect and the blue tooth icon does not have the arrows showing that it is connected to a device. When this happens the phone will only allow me to talk using the speaker phone option. I have tried to turn off the blue tooth using the blue tooth icon in my "desktop" but it won't turn off. This is a random occurence as far as I can tell as I haven't been able to reproduce it. It occurs when it wants to, sometimes a few times a day and sometimes not for days. This has happened with multiple OS versions. I have been able to do a battery pull and correct the problem but I was hoping that someone could give me a more permanent solution. My phone setup is up to date under my avatar. Thanks for any help in advance.
    How are you doing with this Dimndbk?

Have you actually turned off the discoverable mode when you don't want it to be pairing with anything?

Also you can try to delete the entire pairing profile and then pair it back up to your truck.

Not sure if this will help...let me know how it goes though.

tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2

Do you have your Bluetooth set to autoconnect with your truck? In other words do you have to press the trackball on the Pearl to accept the connection?

Gkg - Haven't called my provider, I don't think it is a TMO problem.

Reddog - I haven't gotten anywhere. I do not have it in discoverable mode (well, my settings say no, but I don't have to do anything when I get in the truck for it to connect). I usually leave it on, but I have it set so that I have give permission to pair with something other than my handsfree kit. It goes into this mode anywhere. I have deleted all of my pairing profiles and reinitiated them a number of times it doesn't seem to help.

TJ - yes I have it set to connect automatically with my truck. I don't have to do anything just get in and wait for the address book to reconcile with the hands free.

Here are my bluetooth settings:

Discoverable: NO
    Outgoing Calls: Always
    Addy book transfer: All
    LED: On

For my handsfree the properties are:
    Trusted: Yes
    Encryption: Enabled
    Echo Control: Automatic

I don't think I am having problems with bluetooth in it's self it works when it is supposed to. Something is causing the phone to go into this state and I can't figure it out or reproduce the problem. Half the time I discover the problem when I go to answer a call and can't figure out why I can't hear the other party.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I am wondering if maybe somehow your BT connection to your handsfree kit in your truck may be the culprit.

Is it possible that you are wandering near other BT enabled devices, and your Pearl thinks it is your Truck? If they have the same BT encryption as your Handfree, your phone might be getting confused.

Is it happening in the same areas, or does it seem to be just random occurence?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

LaTuFu - Could be. But, I don't have my settings for the BB setup to be discoverable (or so I think). At the same time I don't have to do anything when I get in the truck and turn on the ignition for the BB to connect to the handsfree. If this could be the answer what do I change in my settings? (See previous post) To answer you other question, it seems to be random, not to be sarcastic but I don't walk around with the BB in my hand watching the LED to see when it goes into this mode. Most of the time I discover it at home. My PC is bluetooth enabled but I have the BT turned off on the computer.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

No, its cool I understand. I was just wondering if it happened often enough that you noticed any kind of pattern. Same place, same sequence, etc.

It doesn't sound like your phone is set to discoverable. But you have it paired to a BT device that automatically links when it gets into range. I am thinking that your BB may be linking with any BT enabled device that uses the same communication protocol to automatically link.

So, if your handsfree kit is a Motorola, for example, using an XYZ autolink protocol (I made that up, just to illustrate the thought in my head) any time you get close to a Motorola device or any other device that happens to use that XYZ protocol, its trying to establish a link with it.

I don't understand why, though, because the way I understand the protocols to work they have a unique ID so that this type of problem doesn't occur.

I don't really have a solution, sorry. Just trying to think out loud in the hopes that maybe it sheds more light for you or someone else with more knowledge than me.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I just saw something in your original post. You said you're not able to disable the BlueTooth on your phone. I am wondering if this is an OS issue. Have you wiped the phone and reloaded the OS? Upgraded your OS? If you can live with this problem a few more days I would suggest upgrading to TMobile's new OS on the 13th.

LaTuFu - Roger all. Could be the issue.

Erika - As I stated in the original post this has been an issue with multiple OS. I have probably used 4 different ones since getting my BB. I will definately be upgrading on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimndbk
    LaTuFu - Roger all. Could be the issue.

Erica - As I stated in the original post this has been an issue with multiple OS. I have probably used 4 different ones since getting my BB. I will definately be upgrading on Monday.
    Hope that works for you.