Yesterday, I wanted backup my Pearl 8100. I turned it on, the T-Mobile splash came ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

paulzy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243341CE

Thumbs down 8100: Powers up, but the LCD screen and backlight wont come on.

Advertisement

Yesterday, I wanted backup my Pearl 8100. I turned it on, the T-Mobile splash came up, so I looked away to start backing up my Bold 2 9700, then a few minutes later i am staring at a completely white screen on the 8100. I thunk its because the battery died (cause I haven't used it in a month). So I pull the battery out, the red light blinks twice...then nothing. I want, pull it again, same thing. i thing so the battery is drained. So I plug it up. I get a green light, turn it on...nothing.

I plug it into my PC via the USB. Then I start the Blackberry JavaLoader to take a screen shot, and discover that phone is working. but it's stuck on the confirm date screen. The Desktop manager recognized it, and I was able to back it up.

whatgoingon.JPG

I can use the Green Phone Key, the Red Power key, and the side buttons. All other buttons and the trackball are ignored. It loads my theme, I've seen the phone screen, I've seen the two apps that load from the side buttons, but the Date Confirm screen just stays there, and the trackball and keypad won't work.

Any thoughts? As I upgraded to the 9700, I only use this phone to play a game I really like (Hero's Lore), and the OS is still in tact nothing is corrupt, except the aforementioned keys don't do anything.

Paul
    Last edited by paulzy; 05-07-2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: errata
    smile...anyway!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Maybe try on OS upgrade in case it's a big software glitch.....sounds like there might be some hardware failure though.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I think it's hardware too. Pearls are very easy to disassemble (Remove bat cover/battery, end cap pops off, 4 T6 screws, then it opens up like a book) so maybe taking it apart and putting it back together might help. This problem might be physical keyboard related? Just an idea . . .

PIN/ID
    243341CE

Smile

Duped my post by mistake..read below
    smile...anyway!

PIN/ID
    243341CE

Smile UPDATE!! june

Hey guys just an update on this thread. I was able to back it up. And just turned it off and tossed it into my bedside drawer. That was over a month ago.

Yesterday, just for kicks I decide to at least charge the battery. So I plug it in..an BAMM BOOM BAAYAHHHA BAM AGBINGO!! The screen came with the big battery with a flash bolt came up: indicating a dead juice battery. So the light turned red, the T-Mobile flash screen came up and it the screen went black. So I unplug it/plug it back in - does the same thing. But since the screen and buttons worked I just set it down and forgot about it. 30 minutes later I click the trackball and the screen comes on, and I roll it and was finally able to change the date and time to normal. Ha, the date was still on May.

So now it's fully charged and working now, I even backed it up. So it was a dead battery issue, or something else - don't know. But now it works. I can finish playing Heroes lore. Curious though, I used that Pearl for two years and now that I have my Bold 2 - the Pearl seems low and sluggish. HA HA!
    smile...anyway!