Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

any idea if TMO will be introducing an OS upgrade? I am not having any ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8100 OS Upgrade Problems

Advertisement

any idea if TMO will be introducing an OS upgrade? I am not having any probs, just curious.

moogi no está en línea Stack level 1

I upgraded mine to 4.2.1.93 (using HK CSL 8100C_PBr4.2.1_rel145_PL2.3.0.77_A4.2.1.93_CSL.exe ) and now the follwoing apps don't work

1. Opera Mini stucked on 'loading..' and eventually crashed with Java error. Tried changing the APN address to no avail.

2. SyncJe stopped working. It gives out Error 506 Transport layer failed.

Any suggestions to correct this problem? Maybe a differnt OS image from a different carrier Like going back to Roger's?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

mooqi - why did you change?
    the one you report you downloaded is 4.2.1.93 and the rogers os is 4.2.1.94 (is there a typo somewhere?)

No, I haven't changed anything. My Pearl is still running 4.2.1.93. I was hoping someone with Roger's 4.2.1.94 can report some results for those 2 apps. Sorry for the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by moogi
    I upgraded mine to 4.2.1.93 (using HK CSL 8100C_PBr4.2.1_rel145_PL2.3.0.77_A4.2.1.93_CSL.exe ) and now the follwoing apps don't work

1. Opera Mini stucked on 'loading..' and eventually crashed with Java error. Tried changing the APN address to no avail.

2. SyncJe stopped working. It gives out Error 506 Transport layer failed.

Any suggestions to correct this problem? Maybe a differnt OS image from a different carrier Like going back to Roger's?
    Well, Roger's 4.2.1.94 fixed the first problem (Opera Mini).

SyncJe turned out to be a different issue entirely. I had it set using WAP as the sync method. This stopped working after the upgrade. The fix was to switch it to BIS

So much time wasted....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

glad you got it fixed...and we all learn the hard way sometimes

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    The only problem I have found (which isn't really a problem, just a bit confusing) is that when on the homescreen the service is indicated (for me "Cingular") but when I open up the message folder it reads "Searching for network". It's not a problem because it still connects and sends messages, just confused me at first thinking I didn't ahve service.
    Hi, just thought I would add a similar problem, except with TMO. I had the same problem...4 bars but when I hit the phone button and it went to the call log screen, instead of saying "t-Mobile" at the top, it said "searching for network", though there were still 4 bars. It would go right back to saying "t-mobile" if I exited to the home screen. But because of this, I was not able to call any manually entered numbers, only numbers in my phonebook. Every time i would try, it would beep once and then exit to the home screen. I did this several times with different numbers before I decided to pull the battery. It's all good after the restart, but I don't know yet whether this is going to be a repeating problem, as I just did the upgrade. Will keep you updated.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Please list any problems (and possible solutions you come across with) after upgrading to the new Rogers OS for the Pearl.

Device: black T-Mobile USA 8100 Pearl
    Platform: 2.3.0.77

Problem:
    Whenever I attempt to log in to JiveTalk or enter my login info, I get "Invalid url parameter." I even entered "wap.voicestream.com" to my APN settings.
    This has resurfaced after upgrading to the Cingular OS. Had to delete and reinstall JT for the the third time.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-16-2007 at 04:44 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234