Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The only problem I have found (which isn't really a problem, just a bit confusing) ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

r2d2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ED8B14

Re: 8100 OS Upgrade Problems

Advertisement

The only problem I have found (which isn't really a problem, just a bit confusing) is that when on the homescreen the service is indicated (for me "Cingular") but when I open up the message folder it reads "Searching for network". It's not a problem because it still connects and sends messages, just confused me at first thinking I didn't ahve service.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

molez, Welcome to the Stacks !! Try going to your carriers website on your PC and resend your service books from there.

molez1600 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EF0A8A

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    molez, Welcome to the Stacks !! Try going to your carriers website on your PC and resend your service books from there.
    That worked perfectly (after T-Mobile finally decided to work and actually send the service books)!!! Thank you so much!

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Glad you got it up and running molez !!

Gaz.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Please list any problems (and possible solutions you come across with) after upgrading to the new Rogers OS for the Pearl
    Having done the upgrade, I have noticed that if one goes into messages and selects "Delete Prior", the icon showing the number of unread messages does not disappear as it used to. I have tried a battery pull - but with no success. Does anyone else see this?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

geelexus no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok so I finally got this to go through and I thought I did everything right however i thought that this new OS let you separate sms into a folder rather than being together with email, if it does how do i do that? And where would i go to disable autodim? Also I thought i unlocked all the vendor themes, i went by the instuctions found here on pinstack but i dont see any extras... help please
    Last edited by geelexus; 05-16-2007 at 12:30 AM.

I think I may have figured out why the themes didnt show up, but I already changed and saved the Blackberry.alx file, is there anyway i can get to that without loading the OS all over again? Could someone possibly send me an unedited copy of it in notepad? Let me know what I should do please

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Open Blackberry.alx, seek for lines starting with text fileset Colour

This is edited line for TMO, and you can do it for all providers, thus gaining all themes in OS:
    <fileset Colour="True" series="8100" Java="1.0">
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

I don't quite understand what your saying, I already edited the file and I think i changed a line that wasn't supposed to change. So I was just wondering 1. how to find out what it was and change it back 2. if I have to update the OS all over again to fix it I hope this helps clear up my situation. Thanks for your help anyhow : )

Anyone else have any ideas? or answers?

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

Here's an idea... I have a TMO branded phone that I am using with Cingular. Not sure if your situation is similar. Not sure exactly how this vendor ID works (phone branding or service carrier), so to be safe, I insert both vendor = 100 and vendor = 102 for all themes. That has always worked for me.

franfran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECF3BE

few rogers problems:

1) multi tap is buggy- i type really fast multi tap so when i double click on a key to get the second letter it gives me the 2 first letters instead- weird.. solved it by switching to suretype :]

2) the * key doesnt toggle between multi/sure anymore

3) alt-del doesnt bring up the app switcher

KJinTexas no está en línea Stack level 2

franfran -

alt - esc has always worked for switching applications and seems to work fine for me in this version. (esc being the key to the right of the trackball)

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

Since upgrade (about two weeks now) my Opera Mini 3.1 browser will load pages great for about 5 good min. and then boom, It stops cold turkey! Screen freezes and I have to do a hard reset or hold end (red) button for about 10 second and restart phone. Is anyone else having this problem? If so has anyone figured out a solution? I didn't experience this with 4.2.166 and its quite frustrating! I have tried re-installing three times, countless hard resets, resending service books, I even did a wipe and reinstall, and still same results! So any help would be greatly appreciated!!

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My jivetalk works fine but my battery drainage is way faster then before and my settings are the same weird

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast