hi i have had a pearl 8100 for a while now and am looking at ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

katman79 no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 or 8800 ???

Advertisement

hi i have had a pearl 8100 for a while now and am looking at upgrading, is it worth upgrading to a 8800? is there anymore advantages to the 8800 apart from the built in gps?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 8100 or 8800 ???

Do you use a lot the email function on your phone or more tha phone into it?
    8100 is more use for people using it like a phone with PDA inside, but the 8800 is bigger for people doing a lot of emails
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i really don't consider the 8800 to be an 'upgrade' from the pearl.

i agree with sn1p3r...if you are a heavy email'er - then maybe you should get the qwerty keyboard/bigger screen...easier on your hands in the long run.

as for the built in gps, you can buy a bt gps receiver puck for under 100$ and get the same thing...just leave it in your car at all time

if i were you, i'd go down to a local store and touch/feel the 8800 before buying it

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    Do you use a lot the email function on your phone or more tha phone into it?
    8100 is more use for people using it like a phone with PDA inside, but the 8800 is bigger for people doing a lot of emails
    sn1p3r pretty much gave the most straight forward answer. also ask yourself if you want a camera or not. not a huge deal but deff a factor

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree. The 8800 is a good phone, but the only real advantages are the bigger screen and the gps. However, you are going to forfeit the camera as well as the fact that it is more compact. If you are really thinking about it, then your best bet is just to wait for the CURVE. I don't know if you have heard much about it, but it is a pearl with a better camera, and the qwerty keyboard.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl