Anyone tried using an unlocked on on the cingular network? How does it work as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

8100 on cingular

Advertisement

Anyone tried using an unlocked on on the cingular network? How does it work as far as web browsing and email? I'm considering switching from my 7130 and want to make sure there won't be any problems. I remember people having issues with the unlocked 7130's working on t-mobile.

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8100 on cingular

You should not have any problems. The carrier specific settings are pushed from the carrier itself with the service books.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that's what they said about the 7130 on tmo. People still had issues.

phab22 no está en línea Stack level 1

If you can hold out the Pearl will launch on Cingular in November with the addition of PTT.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

I thought it was coming out in January 07?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ january was the last I heard.

tsolly no está en línea Stack level 1

As a newie, I mistakenly posted my own thread on my unlocked 8100 on the Cingular network instead of adding to this one. Here is the pertinent info on how I got mine working:
    Hello - first, I set up the online account w/ Cingular at (it won't let me post the URL but you go to the BB website and go to support>BB Internet Service and choose Cingular from the list at the bottom). You can set up your email accounts from there. Also from your account, you need to click on Service Books and tell it to push the service books to your phone. From there, go to your phone in Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table and select any of the entries there. Push the button with the dots on it just to the left of the trackwheel (don't know what it's called) and select Register Now. You should then receive a registration message on your BB. For the WWW, go to Advanced Options again and select TCP. Change the APN to wap.cingular. Change the Username to WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM. Change the Password to CINGULAR1. I used caps as listed. That should just about do it.