Newbie to Pinstack and relatively to BB - in fact, HATED Blackberry with the annoying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

crreich no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8100 Media Player Issues

Advertisement

Newbie to Pinstack and relatively to BB - in fact, HATED Blackberry with the annoying keyboard and thumbwheel until I got my Pearl.

My biggest frustration has been the media player. Got a Jensen Bluetooth headset but will not take calls and media in mono (realize that just may be a limitation). Got a Seidio adapter that converts headphones to a headset with microphone - wonderful and stereo!

But after about 2 minutes of playing, the media player stops. Doesn't matter if in memory on media card. Doesn't matter which song. No error and will start up again when I press play again. Seems like a timeout of some kind but cannot find anything in the very limited BB documentation.

Any ideas out there?

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: 8100 Media Player Issues

I'm not sure what the problem is, let me think about it.

But you can download the 242 page manual I have available from my server. I keep mine on the Windows desktop for now so I can easily refer to it.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/8100PearlManual.pdf

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

i may be confused, can you help me out...

you said:

Quote Originally Posted by crreich
    Got a Jensen Bluetooth headset but will not take calls and media in mono (realize that just may be a limitation). Got a Seidio adapter that converts headphones to a headset with microphone - wonderful and stereo!
    is this seidio adapter something like THIS? i'm thinking now this is what you mean.

when i first read it, i thought you were saying you had an adapter that plugs into the headphone jack that will convert it to the BLUETOOTH, but i'm thinking that is not possible...but if it is, someone has GOT to tell me where i can get one.

but again, i think you mean the first thing.

let me know...THANKS!

The Seidio product I got is simpler and was $16 but basically the same. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=300

The Jensen headphones I got for my wife and her ZEN player (not iPod fans here) - they are Bluetooth and have a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into any headphone jack. She likes the no wires part. They are pretty cool for $60 on Amazon even if they don't work with my Pearl http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-Univers...&s=electronics

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

The Seidio product I got is simpler and was $16 but basically the same. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=300

The Jensen headphones I got for my wife and her ZEN player (not iPod fans here) - they are Bluetooth and have a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into any headphone jack. She likes the no wires part. They are pretty cool for $60 on Amazon even if they don't work with my Pearl http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-Univers...&s=electronics
    Did you do the battery reset? Remove battery, wait 10 seconds, reinsert.

The Seidio adapter should no be the issue.

Yes, I've tried all of the basics. really just seems to go to "sleep" and turn off the media player after 2 minutes (long after the screen is turned off).

~via BB
    Found the issue - for some reason the BB doesn't like the MP3 files I ripped. They seem to be fine in windows media player and a couple other devices I tried.

Ripped a couple new files and it worked

I will post if I find the bad combination but low priority now that I can fully use my BB

Tylast no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, I've tried all of the basics. really just seems to go to "sleep" and turn off the media player after 2 minutes (long after the screen is turned off).
    OK, I've just updated to 4.2.1.66 & the media player stopping issue has just surfaced. I've never had it before. Mine stops after about 5 min. Every MP3 does this! I know all my media files work on my Pearl as I've had them on my SD card since I've bought it. Anyone else having this issue?

Tylast no está en línea Stack level 2

OK, I just installed 4.2.1.148 and I still have this issue. It happens when the phone lock engages. I have to press the escape key before the 5 min mark to keep it from stopping the music. Anyone else have this issue?

mbellew no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask&Recv

if its anything like my previous phone, you are limited to the highest quality being 220kbps.

shaunski no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the exact same problem with video media stopping on the 8800...go figure

benison_123 no está en línea Stack level 2

TECRISHON there actually is a bluetooth adapter that plugs into your 2.5mm headphone jack...it will convert that analog signal to bluetooth...radioshack has them on clearance for really cheap right now...

dollars5 no está en línea Stack level 3

Dollars 5 mediaPlayer does play audio over bluetooth in Mono - more info available from http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._internet.html