Anybody have any ideas? It happened after I did a routine synch with my PC. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kevin Abell no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 locks up when I hit contacts

Advertisement

Anybody have any ideas? It happened after I did a routine synch with my PC. I've taken out the battery several times, but that doesn't seem to reset it. All other operations seem to work fine like calendar, email, etc.

Do you think a hot restart will do it? If so, can someone tell me how to perform both warm and hot restarts, and not just pull out the battery?

Thanks -

Kevin

olivetwist no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EAED7E

Re: 8100 locks up when I hit contacts

pulling the battery is the best way to reboot the device. powering down with the power button is just a glorified standby. and a hard reboot is going to wipe you info and reset to defaults. for that just activate security and put the wrong password in 10 times, this erases everything.

my suggestion is to connect to desktop manager and use it to erase the address book and then reinstall your backed up address book. if you still have the problem reinstall the OS or upgrade it.
    If Death calls it is OK, I have Caller ID.

Kevin Abell no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8100 locks up when I hit contacts

Quote Originally Posted by olivetwist
    pulling the battery is the best way to reboot the device. powering down with the power button is just a glorified standby. and a hard reboot is going to wipe you info and reset to defaults. for that just activate security and put the wrong password in 10 times, this erases everything.

my suggestion is to connect to desktop manager and use it to erase the address book and then reinstall your backed up address book. if you still have the problem reinstall the OS or upgrade it.
    Thanks for the info, I'll try to remove the address book first, then reinstall. If that doesn't work then I'll overwrite the OS or try the upgrade.