I'm a new Pearl owner and I'm having some problem. I recieved my new Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hiphopmecca no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245E6715

8100 Issues...

Advertisement

I'm a new Pearl owner and I'm having some problem. I recieved my new Pearl on Wednesday and by the following day I was already having some issues. My device was freezing up and or rebooting itself. I contacted my service provider, T-Mobile, and was walked through how to look at the event log. I was also instructed to wipe my handheld. Things seemed to be fine for a while. Then it started again. I've looked through the log file and was having a reoccuring error message for net.rim.tunnel. That issue has been taken care of after a 2nd call to T-Mobile. Now I'm getting an App Error 200 - Reset message. My device shuts down during texts, emails, and phone calls. It has happened over 20 times today alone. I'm in the process of erasing all data and applications and reinstalling the OS. I'm frustrated and wondering if I should send the device back or not.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Can you post up your device details for us in your profile please?

If you just got the Pearl I would say return it. Some Pearl models experience this rebooting issue. Not sure what you have.
    Best at this point to return it if within warranty especially if you already wiped the device.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    You can try the wipe/OS reinstall one more time and see if that works but then if not I would say definitely return and do a warranty exchange.
    You shouldn't be getting that many issues with a new BB.

Clifford938 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a57ef3
    I had that happen with my new 8110 Pearl
    Then I finally got an error message about some media something or other
    So I formatted my mini-sd card and it stopped rebooting right away

hiphopmecca no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245E6715
    Thanks for all the advice. I did a complete unininstall and reinstall of the OS last night. I will reformat the sd card now and give that a shot too. With any luck my problems will be over. If not it will be going back to the place of purchase which was letstalk.com.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~