Hi All, UK User here with T-Mobile. (any uk users??? ) Just brought a blackberry ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smokeyuk no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 info needed...

Advertisement

Hi All, UK User here with T-Mobile. (any uk users??? ) Just brought a blackberry and i thought id be able to use the service on a pay as you go scheme, but they say you need to have the blackberry service to create and register the phone for an email account... Surely they cant do this..? So they say you can either have the following.. £10 for blackberry service a month (3mb allowance) or £10 web'n'walk(fair use download) plus £5 blackberry service per month.. thats a con job aint it... I love the phone but i want ot use the service when i want to, not be tied down to t-mobile bundles. Is this the only way you can use it. As a newbie I probably dont know anything yet,but i have a few techie questions if anyone knows. -What is latest OS for the perl, im on (wireless handheld EDGE v4.2.0.51 Platform 2.2.0.32) -why cant i see a compose MMS option (im confused about this one as i can see sms/email/pin) -Any handy apps you think are worth putting on the pearl Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this or replies lol

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8100 info needed...

Here is info on the latest OS for the 8100

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Yeah the latest os that I know of us tmo v 107.

whats with the compose mms not being there? or is that just sent as sms??

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Upgrade to the newest OS and see if that gives you the option. I have compose MMS on mine and I'm running TMO's newest OS.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyuk
    whats with the compose mms not being there? or is that just sent as sms??
    No data plan, no mms,. Mms runs through the internet feature. same with IM.

ahh thanks mate. one more question when i used the cd to load the desktop manager, and connected my blackberry it says it cant recognise the software ?? its brand new i havent done anything as yet

ahh thanks mate. one more question when i used the cd to load the desktop manager, and connected my blackberry it says it cant recognise the software ?? its brand new i havent done anything as yet
    What are you running on the pc? Does it say it when you try and load the CD on the pc, or wehen you connect it up? What os are you running on the phone? To check go to options, about, third line down will be v.4.2.x.xxx. Fill in the x's please.

olsena4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can someone help me figure out how to delete google talk from my blackberry pearl? THANKS!!!

I have installed the desktop manager from the cd... and can open the desktop manager. I connect my blackberry 8100 to the pc via usb. on the desktop manager it says connected at the bottom. (configured with usb connection). When i go to the 'Application Loader' it comes up with wizard click next, then goes read java application configuration , read device system configuration, once its done that you get the 'device applicatin selection' where it says "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer"...Any ideas, or does that mean it doesnt have the softawre on the pc?

oh this is the software on blackberry wireless handheld EDGE v4.2.0.51 Platform 2.2.0.32
    Last edited by smokeyuk; 09-23-2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged.

I have installed the desktop manager from the cd... and can open the desktop manager. I connect my blackberry 8100 to the pc via usb. on the desktop manager it says connected at the bottom. (configured with usb connection). When i go to the 'Application Loader' it comes up with wizard click next, then goes read java application configuration , read device system configuration, once its done that you get the 'device applicatin selection' where it says "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer"...Any ideas, or does that mean it doesnt have the softawre on the pc?

oh this is the software on blackberry wireless handheld EDGE v4.2.0.51 Platform 2.2.0.32
    All it means is that you do not have the handheld software downloaded and run on the pc. you can update because the .51 is a little old. use http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html to get the links to the os. I would recommend either 4.2.1.101 or 4.2.1.107.

would that be on the tmob site? (i sound like a right dunce)

right this is wher eim confused. should i get the later desktop manager too (4.2.1 or 4.2.2?)

ive gone to uk site and im going to download desktop manger 4.2.1 and device software 4.2.1.103. Would that be a good bet? I cant see the .101 or .107 on there...

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep, that are the latest SW for Europe. The .101 was from Mobilcom Austria and the .107 is the latest OS Fron TMO US.

HTH
    Peter