im trying to get my girlfriend a BB8100, she has tmobile, i remember reading in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

8100 gift idea

Advertisement

im trying to get my girlfriend a BB8100, she has tmobile, i remember reading in a thread (dont know where) that it was free to upgrade or, real cheap to upgrade to one..my problem is, i have caled tmobile for her and they want me to purchase it at the regular price of 250.00 (or sumthing like that)

i wanna know any insight on this issue becuz i been dying for her to convert, i hate her ugly *** phone (sidekick 3). wut do i need to tell the rep at tmo to get this upgrade cheap or free? who should i speak to?

and also, she wants it in PINK...is it available in pink?

thanx in advance

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8100 gift idea

It sounds like she is still under contract. Usually, in order to get the discounted cost she would have to renew her contract but she can't do that unless she is at contract end or on a month by month uncontracted plan. T-mo does not show pink, ruby is the closest and the new contract price is listed at $99 http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/...a-da5dd8e4bd84

PIN/ID
    ask

she is under contract, and she specified to the rep that she wants to renew her contract, but the price we were given was 250 or sumthing like that...maybe it was just a new rep or sumthing...oh well...i'll try again today

thanx dough

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

How close is she to contract end? I know that VZW will not give allowance for new contract unless you are within 14 days of contract end. If she has a long way to go, she will have to buy the BB outright which is what it sounds like they are saying.

PIN/ID
    ask

her contract ends sumtime in February .....so we shoul be good