I was in the process of upgrading the OS on my Pearl with the bits ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DColvin no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 failed OS install - phone dead, advice?

Advertisement

I was in the process of upgrading the OS on my Pearl with the bits from the o2 website. Half way through the install, the process borked. The handset is now dead, and the red LED flashes twice in sets of 3. Any ideas? I have hunted high and low but this seems to be a rare issue.

Specifically Im looking for instructions to either revert the OS, reset the device physically (though Im aware that there doesnt appear to be a way to do this) or other tips/tricks to resurrect it.

Im currently without a working phone so any advice is warmly recieved.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: 8100 failed OS install - phone dead, advice?

DColvin no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for this, however I already tried this. My phone wont even switch on and the only sign of life is the LED flashing red in sequences of 2 flashes.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

did you try taking out the battery and waiting a while? Also there is suppose to be some sort of reset button on the bb but I dont exactly know where. It is mentioned on a thread on pinstack, i'll see if I could find it.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by DColvin
    Thanks for this, however I already tried this. My phone wont even switch on and the only sign of life is the LED flashing red in sequences of 2 flashes.
    Are you sure, you followed the instructions to a T connecting to the PC without a battery etc...

There has not been one BB I havent been able to get running this way, and I have put some pretty Jacked OS's on.

If you cant get it running, I will be back in a Hour or two, IM me and I wil help you get it back running.