Hey everyone, I've searched and haven't found anything on this one. My earpiece stopped working ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bonbon622 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8100 Earpiece Stopped Working

Hey everyone,
    I've searched and haven't found anything on this one. My earpiece stopped working which means I can only hear people on speakerphone or when using a BT headset. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have any clues? I'm thinking it might be some kind of conflict since I haven't found anyone else with the same issue and it's happened to me twice (two different handsets). I just don't want this to happen again!

I haven't dropped or banged the phone. Apps installed are the Pink theme, Google Maps, Ramble IM and Opera Mini. It's running

I called customer service and they ran through the same diagnostic steps as last time...wiped the handheld, test called, they took me off the network, put me back on the network, test called, had me turn it on and turn it off, test called, sent service books. T-Mobile is sending me yet another phone bringing the total number of Pearl's I've owned up to 4 (first one completely died after 3 days back in September).

I'm just about ready to give up and get a different phone! I love everything else about the phone, but this is so frustrating! Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: 8100 Earpiece Stopped Working

bonbon, welcome to pinstack

i would suggest upgrading your device Operating System/firmware. there have been several bug fixes and improvements to the original OS (which is what your pearl has on it).

here are some great instructions on upgrading the OS

here is a link to the most recent US update the the Pearl OS
    yes, it is ATT but will run fine on your phone. choose the Blackberry Pearl (red/maine slate) from the drop down menu.