I have a strange problem - the device doesn't always charge - I have tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

russ2204 no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 Charging Issues

Advertisement

I have a strange problem - the device doesn't always charge - I have tried plug in and also car and have the same problem! The charging icon comes on and then disappears a second or so later! I have no idea why and it is driving me crazy!

HELP!!!!!!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: 8100 Charging Issues

Are you using an aftermarket charger or the one that came with the phone?

russ2204 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have tried both - the only one that works is the BB one into the wall socket! but even the car charger wont work!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Maybe the other chargers don't have enough power to charge the BB. This used to happen when I would try to use my Motorola chargers with my Blackberry. Try using ones specifically made for the BB.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

AT&T retail stores try to sell you car chargers that are Motorola branded, claiming that they work with Blackberries. I tried 3 separate chargers this way, exchanging them each time. They would never charge.

I only charge it now with the OEM wall charger or the USB charger/data cable.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by russ2204
    I have a strange problem - the device doesn't always charge - I have tried plug in and also car and have the same problem! The charging icon comes on and then disappears a second or so later! I have no idea why and it is driving me crazy!

HELP!!!!!!
    I'm havin the same problem but my usb cord hardly works like you said it goes on and off
    Dymond Tink
    Mylee Pearl
    Hannah Curve

wregan no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8100 Charging Issues- BAD JACK?

It may be a bad mini USB jack on the phone. I just started having the same issue. play with the mini USB, move it in and out or lever it one way or the other and see if the charging icon will remain. if so, the phone has to go back if under warranty...