Hello, I have had several bb over the years. I now have the 8100 and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3

8100 backup - programs too ?

Advertisement

Hello, I have had several bb over the years. I now have the 8100 and have had nothing but troubles with it. I have the 64 and the newest dtm from Tmobile. I have several issues. I get app 523 errors/reset and nullset errors, java errors several times a day. I have to pull the battery at least once or twice a day. I even have the factory os with nothing added, as far as software. I do not even have an additional theme installed. I do like the today plus. What is the deal. I have spent countless hours with tech support, RIM and tmobile on this the day after I had it. Tmobile said wait for the update in November, so I did. Then it was out of the 14 day period and they would not swap out another one for me. I have been to the store (corporate store and they told me to hold for the update). I actually got this the same day Tmobile came out with it). So to date I have reloaded/stored, reloaded new os and dtm a total of 61 times as of this morning. I know other people in the area, a tmobile employee that said they have had problems too. 1 out of ever 4 come back to be repaired or with issues and 1 out of ever 5 or 6 wish to be swapped out with the 8700/8800.

Well is there a way that the backup also restores the programs too? I could have swore it did before. But now it seems to only restore the os and basic programs? I have dtm running on another pc too as a backup. I have all my backups on a flash drive. I have been to tmobile to have them do it also. Nothing but problems. I can say it looks cool and all, but as a phone it sucks! Right now I got it back from Tmobile and it runs so slow.... almost unusable. and it has the 64 os? any ideas or should I complain to someone who cares. I have had tmobile for 4 years and have over 50 lines with them. There prices are ok for data and phone. Thech support sucks.

thanks for listening to my rant and I would appreciate any ideas. I probally with buy another Pearl and the 8800 and check them out today. Thanks again.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    If you do a complete backup, it should do it all with the 4.2 OS. Surprised me actually. Backed up EVERYTHING I had even ringtones and pictures and bb messenger contacts.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes complete. I lookled at fill sizes and the such. seems to be ok. looks like it would have updated the os and programs. normally it would have. I am going to pickup a new pearl and 8800 today. hopefully I can get something that just works. The tmobile people and csr are nice as can be, but all I want is a phone that actually works.

You all won't believe this. I went to the CORP store today. The reginal manager happened to be there. He first ask me how I liked the pearl. I told him my issues. He said you need a new one today! So he gave me a whole new unit, box and all ! How do I do a restore..... It will not restore my programs and BB browser bookmarks..... I have a total need unit ! Tmobile's csr are clueless. I will check it out myself.

Oh did I mention I did a total restore this morning with a tmobile csr and the BB errored in front of the regional manager. I am happy that I got a new 8100 the manager is going to call me in a few days and I am going to get an 8800, but there was no release date - he said.....

WOW, since tmobile was no help. I searched these forums and solved all my problems.... that's great.

sorry about the above posts. I was texting from the new bb and I failed to check the spelling before I posted. Thank god for these forums.