Hello everyone hopefully someone might have an idea I have been working on this for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wildbilld no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 as modem installation problem

Advertisement

Hello everyone hopefully someone might have an idea I have been working on this for sometime now. Using my 8100 as a modem on a laptop running windows XP home. The blackberry desktop program works fine but does not have the standard modem or the port to be able to install the modem. So I tried using the supplied drivers to install the port for the modem and it will see to work and even display in the device manager. But the add new hardware window says "the system cannot find the specified file." and when you click finish it takes the port back out. Definatly confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: 8100 as modem installation problem

Quote Originally Posted by wildbilld
    Hello everyone hopefully someone might have an idea I have been working on this for sometime now. Using my 8100 as a modem on a laptop running windows XP home. The blackberry desktop program works fine but does not have the standard modem or the port to be able to install the modem. So I tried using the supplied drivers to install the port for the modem and it will see to work and even display in the device manager. But the add new hardware window says "the system cannot find the specified file." and when you click finish it takes the port back out. Definatly confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Try this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...top_modem.html

and welcome to pinstack.com

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: 8100 as modem installation problem

Oh man you beat me to it. Yeah give the link a shot and let us know if you have any other questions. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~