I have a Pearl 8100.....I also have a Pharos GPS receiver. Can I use this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Wizardrl no está en línea Stack level 2

8100 and GPS

Advertisement

I have a Pearl 8100.....I also have a Pharos GPS receiver. Can I use this with Google Maps...which comes built in the Pearl, for street by street directions?
    What other GPS software is avaliable? Will my reciever work with all software?
    Thanks...

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8100 and GPS

all I know about is google maps, but if your device pairs up and work with google maps, I dont see why it shoudn't work in other software aswell...

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Yes you can use it with Google maps and Blackberry maps.
    If you want voice directions for free try www.nav4all.com , it a bit tricky to use but is voice directions.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    Yes you can use it with Google maps and Blackberry maps.
    If you want voice directions for free try www.nav4all.com , it a bit tricky to use but is voice directions.
    Is nav4all a replacement for google maps (which I like best) or is it an interface between the puck and google maps?

..and, do you use nav4all and, if so, have you ever used Google Maps? How does it compare to to GM.

I downloaded nav4all and got hung when it wanted to change my phone settings and I didn't opt for "yes" - it wouldn't accept "no" and just hung so I pulled the battery and uninstalled it for now. I wanted to compare it to Google Maps (voice instructions or not) to see the quality of the maps. Is that being too picky?

THanks,
    jblackfish
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-22-2008 at 04:38 PM.